Framed Stuff Part 10

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
archerdesigns13
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 am

theghost206 wrote:Here's a frame up that I got done for a Black Keys show in Canada. Jeff Soto is the artist.
Love this! Makes me want to frame up my copy for sure 8)
BuffalosBeenFramed
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Just framed this painted piece. Cool little item. Very thin.

Last edited by BuffalosBeenFramed on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:07 pm

I like the frame. Very good color and lines, not digging the print though. It may be because there is no matte , but I do dig the frame
Image THC x 3
BuffalosBeenFramed
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm

aznpunkyu wrote:I like the frame. Very good color and lines, not digging the print though. It may be because there is no matte , but I do dig the frame

Yeah they wanted no mat to give it a more "natural" feel which has definitely been accomplished. Personally LOVE this frame.
ColeParks
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:55 pm

This was the first poster I framed and I have always loved it! Finally decided to post it.

I also got this one done a while ago.

And I just picked up all of these today and I love them!

This is my favorite!

FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Really nice Cole!

That gives me some ideas for my own Children of Men, need to get it framed.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am

Got this in and framed it up this week. I floated the first layer over the second and gave a really cool effect. I used 1/4" spacers between top print and museum glass, then custom cut foam core for risers, back drop, and foam core backing. Took me LONG time to trace the die cut print onto foam core then cut the foam core to float the first layer over the back drop. I'm very happy with how this came out.

This is the whole print and the depth in the shadows really make this pop in person

Here are few Close up of certain parts

Here is a hard angle so you can see the foam core built up under the top print
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
aznpunkyu
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 am

Pineapple007 wrote:Got this in and framed it up this week. I floated the first layer over the second and gave a really cool effect. I used 1/4" spacers between top print and museum glass, then custom cut foam core for risers, back drop, and foam core backing. Took me LONG time to trace the die cut print onto foam core then cut the foam core to float the first layer over the back drop. I'm very happy with how this came out.
wow, was that how the print came in pieces and you added your own 3D effect to it? pretty interesting
Image THC x 3
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:38 am

aznpunkyu wrote:
Pineapple007 wrote:Got this in and framed it up this week. I floated the first layer over the second and gave a really cool effect. I used 1/4" spacers between top print and museum glass, then custom cut foam core for risers, back drop, and foam core backing. Took me LONG time to trace the die cut print onto foam core then cut the foam core to float the first layer over the back drop. I'm very happy with how this came out.
wow, was that how the print came in pieces and you added your own 3D effect to it? pretty interesting
Yup. It had a die cut top layer and back drop layer. You can even swap the desert scene for a London scene. I just added the layers to float the site cut over the back drop
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
popcultprints
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:45 am

Pineapple007 wrote:
aznpunkyu wrote:
Yup. It had a die cut top layer and back drop layer. You can even swap the desert scene for a London scene. I just added the layers to float the site cut over the back drop

Daammnn.. That is sick looking. Mad skills there Mr. Pineapple. Kudos.
jedz316
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:04 pm

just got Moss Lawrence of Arabia print. Found a cool frame that I thought worked quite well with the text colour.
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 1.JPG
plaink
Art Expert

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:55 pm

Some frameups for the kid's room. Fingerprints all over the Scott C are from pointing at various ninjas to explain backstories and so on.

punch
Art Expert

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Love that Ninja's Everywhere. I've seen that print in person, it's awesome.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:00 am

Finally got the Babadook up next to the Psycho! Nothin special, just standard frames from the Hob Lob. But had to pair them together. Big. Ass. Knives.

And i know they're slightly off, need to realign them, but i got documentaries to watch lol.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 am

That's hot Ursus!
ISO an avatar