Framing Devil Los Angeles

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
Particle
Art Expert

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:07 pm

christoffergaddini wrote:Small PSA: I recently dropped up my first piece with Doug and I can't wait to see the result. However, I accidentally walked up the stairs of the entrance to the left of his studio thinking it was the correct entrance and the owner flipped the drymount out and tried to start a fight with me. Dude was absolutely nuts and looked to be cracked out or something. The dude he "drymounted someone else up" who made the same mistake, so defiantly steer clear when your dropping off your work.
Holy. fudge.
mobius006
Art Freak

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Particle wrote:
christoffergaddini wrote:Small PSA: I recently dropped up my first piece with Doug and I can't wait to see the result. However, I accidentally walked up the stairs of the entrance to the left of his studio thinking it was the correct entrance and the owner flipped the drymount out and tried to start a fight with me. Dude was absolutely nuts and looked to be cracked out or something. The dude he "drymounted someone else up" who made the same mistake, so defiantly steer clear when your dropping off your work.
Holy. fudge.
5th street bridge don't drymount around.
christoffergaddini
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:23 pm

mobius006 wrote:
Particle wrote:
Holy. fudge.
5th street bridge don't drymount around.

Yeah I guess not, I've never encountered someone so heated over simply walking up the wrong steps. I was carrying a super expensive original as well so I got the hell outta there in a heartbeat.
Interested in the entertainment industry? Check out http://dlreporter.com
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Particle wrote:Just a small heads up. I totally love Framing Devil and wish he was in NYC but if you're getting something framed with a matte and do not want him to use tape, specify that you want photocorners. I unframed my Blade Runner and he used tape. It took hours of surgery to get the tape off without damaging the print.

Maybe this is common sense. But I didn't know it needed to be specified. Cheers :pint:
Hours? It took you hours? You're doing it wrong if it took you hours.
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
Particle
Art Expert

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Froilan wrote:
Particle wrote:Just a small heads up. I totally love Framing Devil and wish he was in NYC but if you're getting something framed with a matte and do not want him to use tape, specify that you want photocorners. I unframed my Blade Runner and he used tape. It took hours of surgery to get the tape off without damaging the print.

Maybe this is common sense. But I didn't know it needed to be specified. Cheers :pint:
Hours? It took you hours? You're doing it wrong if it took you hours.
I don't know why the drymount I said Hours. More of an expression I guess. 'hours of surgery"

Anyway. It took like 20 minutes because I was paranoid.
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:32 pm

Doug is freaking awesome!

Picked this up over the weekend. He killed it! :drool:

Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:44 pm

5150 wrote:Doug is freaking awesome!

Picked this up over the weekend. He killed it! :drool:

Grats!

I like mine better :P
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
shaunhoff
Art Expert

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Really like the white frame! Who got these done, they look awesome

Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 pm

Froilan wrote:
Grats!

Was your the Black frame? That one is really nice too.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:26 am

5150 wrote:
Froilan wrote:
Grats!

Was your the Black frame? That one is really nice too.
Yup
Dante0203
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:57 am

shaunhoff wrote:Really like the white frame! Who got these done, they look awesome

Holy potatoes :drool:
leary411
Art Expert

Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:53 am

Dante0203 wrote:
Holy potatoes :drool:

^^^^ This
T.K.C.
soam24
Art Freak

Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:58 am

Framing devil is really on another planet. Love it.
stevenopoly
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:57 pm

does anyone know if he does cloth wrapped mattes like Corey from further frames?
Particle
Art Expert

Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:20 pm

stevenopoly wrote:does anyone know if he does cloth wrapped mattes like Corey from further frames?

While I can't answer this with certainty, I can tell you that I have seen him do just about everything.