Framed Stuff Part 8

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
time
Art Expert

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 pm

punch wrote:That is freakin amazing. Very creative. Does this guy have a website?? Where can we look at more of his work?

Edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -line.html

Damn that guy is talented!
You beat me to the punch, Punch. Glad you like it!
Last edited by time on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time
Art Expert

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:38 pm

And another framed piece I just picked up from the Framing Devil (Doug Yager). It is wrapped up for now so I will post clearer pics and a close up at some point.

Good enough to eat!! Custom dual-toned closed corner frame (chocolate paint on the outer frame matched to the colors of the chocolate in the art and orange-ish painted inside the frame matched to the oompa loompa faces) with UV plexiglass, chocolate colored inner mat and tan outer mat for this one-of-a-kind print by Phillip Ellering I purchased from the Hero Complex Gallery's first Weapon of Choice show. "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." Framed by Framing Devil - Doug Yager (size with frame - 54"x22"x2")
Last edited by time on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sustain
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Got this back from the framer's last Friday and is now hanging in the kids playroom. Definitely happy with the way it turned out.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:14 pm

time wrote:And another framed piece I just picked up from the Framing Devil (Doug Yates). It is wrapped up for now so I will post clearer pics and a close up at some point.

Good enough to eat!! Custom dual-toned closed corner frame (chocolate paint on the outer frame matched to the colors of the chocolate in the art and orange-ish painted inside the frame matched to the oompa loompa faces) with UV plexiglass, chocolate colored inner mat and tan outer mat for this one-of-a-kind print by Phillip Ellering I purchased from the Hero Complex Gallery's first Weapon of Choice show. "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." Framed by Framing Devil - Doug Yager (size with frame - 54"x22"x2")

Never seen this one before. It's kind of awesome. The framing job is nice too.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
time
Art Expert

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:22 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
time wrote:And another framed piece I just picked up from the Framing Devil (Doug Yager). It is wrapped up for now so I will post clearer pics and a close up at some point.

Never seen this one before. It's kind of awesome. The framing job is nice too.
Thanks. It's a 1 of 1 (though I did put it in the EB database). Phillip did a smaller follow up piece with Wonka and the oompa's shooting candy from a plane that was a run of 10. There may actually be one left if you check Hero Complex Gallery's site. http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/produ ... p-ellering
Last edited by time on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:46 am

wonka%20weapon%20framed.jpg
time wrote:And another framed piece I just picked up from the Framing Devil (Doug Yates). It is wrapped up for now so I will post clearer pics and a close up at some point.

What a great crazy looking piece of art, serious congrats, Time! :clap:
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:03 am

:clap:
Wonka%20line%20art%20framed.jpg
time wrote:Clearly I need to ask some of you take better pictures of my framed stuff for me, but here we go (and will be posting this in the "Framing Devil" thread too):

Extremely pleased to finally get this framed and put up.

Commissioned original (one of a kind) drawing by French artist (living and drawing in Spain) Pierre Emmanuel Godet in his unique technique using Indian ink on thick paper in one continuous line (except a few spots of course) to draw pictures to form a character which recount the highlights relating to that character. Pierre had never seen the film so he sat through it a first time and took detailed notes to get all of the various dozens of scenes he drew. Framed by Doug Yates (Framing Devil) using a “golden ticket” inner mat hand-lined in black, a white outer mat and a custom painted black “doodle” frame with UV plexiglass. Image is 9”x11”.
Choice of Wonka really works nicely, great looking piece! :clap:
Amisch
Art Expert

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Teachers get summers off---needless to say I'm kinda bored already. Thought I'd sketch a bit and maybe do some writing. Found the frame in a thrift shop in Queens.

Parzival
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:37 pm

sustain wrote:Got this back from the framer's last Friday and is now hanging in the kids playroom. Definitely happy with the way it turned out.
Love it dude!
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:07 am

Picked up my Dead Silence today. looks really nice framed up. I'd asked for them to leave a bit of the black border on the print but they matted it out. Looks good regardless, and given I only paid $50 for it I'm not bothered.

As per usual, sorry for the crappy phone pictures.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:22 am

Looks great mate. An underrated Ken print I reckon.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:28 am

Thanks. Definitely really underrated print. Really glad to have it up on the wall. When I picked it up, the lady who owned the store said 'it's a little morbid', I didn't know how to respond to that.
The Curb

wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:32 am

When I took in my Horkey NCB the bird there said "it's a bit violent isn't it with all the blood".
"hmm yeh" was my response.

I mean, what are you meant to say to that. I'm giving them money so they should just shut up and get to work. :P
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:37 am

Yeah, I never know how to respond. When I got my Scream print framed the guy was really impressed 'oh look how it's a pile of guts and the blood makes the face, man, that's awesome'. The place I got the Dead Silence framed at seemed to do a lot of war memorabilia and sports shirts and stuff, so seeing a print with sharks on it probably confused them. I tried to explain who Ken Taylor was, but that was just a stupid idea to begin with.
The Curb

antiyou
Art Expert

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 am

wottagunn wrote:When I took in my Horkey NCB the bird there said "it's a bit violent isn't it with all the blood".
"hmm yeh" was my response.

I mean, what are you meant to say to that. I'm giving them money so they should just shut up and get to work. :P

The correct response is:

"Opinions and assholes..."