Musty flat file?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 am

morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
camaroz06
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Ok, Ive gone and started to spray the drawers down with a 3:1 mixture of water and bleach. I let the bleach sit for a few minutes (pita since there is already rust) and then after I hose it down in my shower and scrub it with dish soap. Hopefully this will work.
IbisMummy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:48 pm

summoner wrote: I had not thought of this before, but has anyone used a block of cedar in their file to help keep moths, and the lot, away from the paper? Using a small block of cedar should keep the bugs from being attracted to the paper, as well as providing a nice small over all.
I'm about to build a base and top for my oak flat files, and I'm planning on using cedar planks to cover the top of the base for just that reason (my house is a silverfish paradise of books, dark corners, records, more dark corners, piles of old paper... you get the idea). Figure I can sand it down a bit every year to keep the cedar refreshed and the pests away.
ironjaiden: "...I have no idea how some of you dudes make it through the day, stressful as life is and all."
Frank Zappa: "Good night Austin, Texas, wherever you are."
camaroz06
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:55 pm

IbisMummy wrote:I'm about to build a base and top for my oak flat files, and I'm planning on using cedar planks to cover the top of the base for just that reason (my house is a silverfish paradise of books, dark corners, records, more dark corners, piles of old paper... you get the idea). Figure I can sand it down a bit every year to keep the cedar refreshed and the pests away.
I didnt realize cedar was a pest deterrent. I always thought it was just for a fresh smell. Maybe when I finally rid this flat file of the musty smell Ill throw rotate some cedar or a baking soda boxes.

As another question, anyone see any detrimental and horrible things happening to prints as long as I rinse the bleach out after the soaking?