So I just started collecting posters right,

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:20 pm

cinematical wrote:No, currently on kraft paper. Admittedly need to get a better solution.
Yeah, kraft and wood both carry TONS of acid.

A layer of Japanese mulberry paper or acid free foam core on each drawer and you should be good to go.
cinematical
Art Expert

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:27 pm

The foam core solution is my plan.
ThatsNotGlue
Art Expert

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:44 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
cinematical wrote:Flat files are great for storing prints. Not so great for displaying them.

Save and frame.
I am pro-framing, but he wanted ideas on storing.

Plus, framing costs will add up quick if you do the archival route.
Yes I've found that out fairly quickly. I'm making a wee bit above minimum wage so this is already a costly hobby as is.
Codeblue wrote:Not really.
Illmatick
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 pm

I cannot afford a flat file and its never good to keep prints in the tube!

I made a make shift flatfile w 2 pieces of foam core, BIG file clips and bough some white art paper that is acid free to put between the prints flat. If you go to a frame store, you can pic up acid free foam core, full shite for about $10 bucks a piece, so 20, and some clips from Staples, about $5 for a box and then some acid free poster sized paper for about $3 a sheet...For $50 bucks you can store a few prints until u have some money to frame...which is best...and a flat file is always a better solution if you can afford it. Hope this helps!
logan080502
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Just got a 15 drawer file biggest problem I noticed was the bottom of the drawers has a groove. I took Kraft paper to line the bottom but then bought 2 50 yard rolls of glassine from Jerry's to tape on top of the Kraft and to line between prints.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Cheap solution......Go buy some mylar sleeves on the internet and store as many prints as you have sleeves and stuff em under your bed. Pretty much the best you can do for price-wise. For the best solution buy a flat file or two if the collection permits :D