Poster Mountain Appreciation Thread

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
User avatar
LoneStarHawkeye
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:36 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:09 pm

I forgot to take pictures of the poster before I took it there, but there were 4 pin holes they fixed and did some light air brushing around the white border to fix some dis-colorization. They also had to repair some slight separations in the middle of the print where the folds were. Looks fantastic and then I took it to Framing Devil to put it all together. Very happy with result. I'll be taking my ESB Ver. A when I get the chance. I tried for direct shots, but they all turned out with to much flash and there wasn't enough light to do much.

Image
Image
Image
F5Gal
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Does anyone know if PM still accept restoration work for prints and posters? I read somewhere that they stopped accepting non-vintage posters for restoration. I have some posters that needs restoration from creases and dings.
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7449
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:39 am

Contact them?
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7092
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:05 pm

LoneStarHawkeye wrote:I forgot to take pictures of the poster before I took it there, but there were 4 pin holes they fixed and did some light air brushing around the white border to fix some dis-colorization. They also had to repair some slight separations in the middle of the print where the folds were. Looks fantastic and then I took it to Framing Devil to put it all together. Very happy with result. I'll be taking my ESB Ver. A when I get the chance. I tried for direct shots, but they all turned out with to much flash and there wasn't enough light to do much.

Image
Image
Image
Hope your SW teaser here has the GAU union logo in the bottom center margin...otherwise: repop.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 am

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
LoneStarHawkeye wrote:
Hope your SW teaser here has the GAU union logo in the bottom center margin...otherwise: repop.
What's a GAU Union Logo? Asked most of the "Mondo Collectors" on EB. :P
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
User avatar
LoneStarHawkeye
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:36 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:09 am

Yes Wonka, it has the GAU logo. I had it verified at cinemasterpieces when I was driving though arizona after I got it.
wonkabars7 wrote:
LoneStarHawkeye wrote:I forgot to take pictures of the poster before I took it there, but there were 4 pin holes they fixed and did some light air brushing around the white border to fix some dis-colorization. They also had to repair some slight separations in the middle of the print where the folds were. Looks fantastic and then I took it to Framing Devil to put it all together. Very happy with result. I'll be taking my ESB Ver. A when I get the chance. I tried for direct shots, but they all turned out with to much flash and there wasn't enough light to do much.

Image
Image
Image
Hope your SW teaser here has the GAU union logo in the bottom center margin...otherwise: repop.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5693
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:36 am

May we please see the whole thing? Please? :2thumb:
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
LoneStarHawkeye
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:36 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Here is the only other picture I have of it currently without a horrible flash... need to get it in better light or figure a better angle with a flood on it.

Image
User avatar
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:39 am
Location: Texas

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:25 pm

This is a cool thread, and so I am bumping it. Thank to the contributors.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
mdelatorre89
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:04 am

Happy I found these guys a few months back. They do great work!
mexicoisfun
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:04 pm

I've got a poltergeist print that I'm hoping PM can restore.

Image

Image
flip flip flipadelphia
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5693
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:21 am

You might want to check with them. IIRC they are only doing vintage restorations now. Might be wrong though.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
mexicoisfun
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:51 am

I sent them an email with pictures. Hopefully they can help, doesn't make since to limit your market and only do vintage.
flip flip flipadelphia
User avatar
Rainbolt
Art Expert
Posts: 1397
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:34 am
Location: Off-World Colonies

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:40 pm

mexicoisfun wrote:I sent them an email with pictures. Hopefully they can help, doesn't make since to limit your market and only do vintage.
That is their business model so it makes perfect sense. John tried to open it up to mondo type posters but found people in this group to be very difficult to work with at times. Actually had someone ask him to pay full market price for a print they fixed but then the client sold it and it got damaged because it wasn't supposed to be rolled again. But because he assumed the client would never sell it he never mentioned it.

Different clientele, different habits, different headaches.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
User avatar
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:37 am

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:06 pm

I had PM quote me on an Obey print recently, so I assume they would still be willing to work with non vintage items.

It was however more expensive than what the print would be worth, so I passed at the moment.

They do great work, I've had 2 prints restored in the past, but ya.....you can't roll the prints again once they are restored, so it better be a print that you want to hang.
Post Reply