Poster Mountain Appreciation Thread

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
phearloathing
Art Expert

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:22 am

This may have already been covered, and I apologize if it has, but what impact does restoration have on value of the piece? I am in talks with someone to do a trade involving a very badly damaged Banksy. The image is however fine, it's just the border. Trying to figure out what impact it will have on future value....
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:48 pm

john davis spends all year repairing artwork so I asked him what he does on vacation and he grabbed my 40cal desert eagle and blasted away a mint Prometheus print from New Flesh! Great times!
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Should of gotten the .50 cal DE
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:26 pm

At almost $2 a bullet, I dig my 40cal at $18/box of 50rds... Desert Eagle is nice, but too much Cheddar thowing down range... now if I was rolling in dough, I would MOST DEFINITELY but I got a Universal Monster Show to attend :D
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Pineapple007 wrote:At almost $2 a bullet, I dig my 40cal at $18/box of 50rds... Desert Eagle is nice, but too much Cheddar thowing down range... now if I was rolling in dough, I would MOST DEFINITELY but I got a Universal Monster Show to attend :D
Yep, that's why my .45 only gets fired about once a month and stays in the nightstand the rest of the time. My 9mm is a different story.

As for the Prometheus print, I was in the sub and got a regular and a variant and that still hurts my heart to see.

Bullet Tooth Tony: So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. Now there are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.
Vinny: These are your last words, so make them a prayer.
Bullet Tooth Tony: Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two little mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your guns...
[Zoom in on the side of Sol's gun, which indeed has "REPLICA" etched on the side; zoom out, as they sneak peeks at the sides of their guns]
Bullet Tooth Tony: And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"...
[Withdraws his gun and puts it on the table]
Bullet Tooth Tony: Written down the side of mine...
[They look, zoom in on the side of his gun, which indeed has "DESERT EAGLE .50" etched on the side]
Bullet Tooth Tony: Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... drymount off!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Ahh Snatch. Such a entertaining movie.
ironjaiden wrote: ...because I'm a 14 year old boy trapped in a middle aged asshole suit.
postermount
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 am

You folks might like our new video, it's an introduction for little show we're working on. The show will be 2 episodes only. We're helping out an aspiring film maker to build his resume and it's coming out pretty good! It's less than 5 minutes long, have a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2eMICV1Dz4
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:15 am

postermount wrote:You folks might like our new video, it's an introduction for little show we're working on. The show will be 2 episodes only. We're helping out an aspiring film maker to build his resume and it's coming out pretty good! It's less than 5 minutes long, have a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2eMICV1Dz4
Ummm, is it just me or is there no sound?
Image Image Image
KNEEL13
EB Team

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:07 pm

The sound works for me:

postermount
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am

phearloathing wrote:This may have already been covered, and I apologize if it has, but what impact does restoration have on value of the piece? I am in talks with someone to do a trade involving a very badly damaged Banksy. The image is however fine, it's just the border. Trying to figure out what impact it will have on future value....
Bear in mid that if the print is already badly damaged, restoration should greatly enhance it's value over what it is in it's current condition. A mint poster needs no restoration (obviously) and should always carry a premium value. A badly damaged print maybe can be restored to appear mint but perhaps t should be valued slightly less than one that hasn't been restored. :D
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 pm

I asked the folks at Poster Mountain if they could put together a blog post on how to deal with flood damaged ephemera.
Some friends down on the Jersey Shore got hit pretty bad in the Hurricane. I thought this might help them and anyone else who might be dealing with a similar issue or may have misfortune to experience it in the future. It's just the basics, but worth checking out.
thanks to John & Derry for putting this together.

http://www.postermountain.blogspot.com/ ... ed-in.html
phishstix101
Art Expert

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm

^ good info thanks!
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

electrachrome wrote:I asked the folks at Poster Mountain if they could put together a blog post on how to deal with flood damaged ephemera.
Some friends down on the Jersey Shore got hit pretty bad in the Hurricane. I thought this might help them and anyone else who might be dealing with a similar issue or may have misfortune to experience it in the future. It's just the basics, but worth checking out.
thanks to John & Derry for putting this together.

http://www.postermountain.blogspot.com/ ... ed-in.html
Very Cool Idea
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
postermount
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:07 pm

A cool little 10 minute video we made..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUy7wJa ... e=g-crec-u
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:13 am

postermount wrote:A cool little 10 minute video we made..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUy7wJa ... e=g-crec-u

Good stuff, thanks for sharing ... those old magic posters are fantastic!

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines