Shipping with Water Pipes

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
Brody
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 am

I just recieved an print sent from Thailand in one of these cut to size

http://www.cityplumbing.co.uk/getProduc ... tribute=-1

Don't know if it's been mentioned beofre but i thought it was a pretty cool idea. Reduces the chance of damage remarkably (I'd like to see UPS try and damage these!)

Anyone else recieved anything in a similar tube? Could it be the way forward with expensive prints?
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:57 am

People have been shipping with PVC for years now :) It is the way to go for travel and shipping anything of value.
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
suchanoo
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:58 am

Brody wrote:I just recieved an print sent from Thailand in one of these cut to size

http://www.cityplumbing.co.uk/getProduc ... tribute=-1

Don't know if it's been mentioned beofre but i thought it was a pretty cool idea. Reduces the chance of damage remarkably (I'd like to see UPS try and damage these!)

Anyone else recieved anything in a similar tube? Could it be the way forward with expensive prints?
I've had a couple of prints sent that way. Not sure of any problems it could cause other than maybe weight. Might there be an issue with condensation possibly? It would at least be a great outer tube when double tubing an expensive print. Certainly would make the whole thing blast proof.
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
Brody
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:13 am

fallenangel1 wrote:People have been shipping with PVC for years now :) It is the way to go for travel and shipping anything of value.
Cool, I guessed so but hadn't come across it before :)

Double packing them would make it a bit of a russian doll kinda game :)
suchanoo
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:16 am

Brody wrote:Double packing them would make it a bit of a russian doll kinda game :)
It's a standard way of shipping an expensive print. 4" tube in a 5" tube. Don't want to use half @rse packing when shipping something worth 4 figures.
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:24 am

Mau Mau?

Souled out studios ship everything from that part of the world and in PVC tubing.

Super safe.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
roo
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:20 am

I have had a few prints sent with pvc piping and will use it myself in the future. It is one sure fire way to avoid this..
Note......... No print was damaged or abused in the making of this post....... :ziggi:
chimpun
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:22 am

Everything I've gotten from Ames Bros has come in PVC. Only thing is that they dont use end caps, just a ton of masking tape. Also, they seem to be kind of dusty on the inside. Its never affected a print though and they would have to be sturdier than any cardboard I would think.
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 am

Judging by the subject, I thought this thread was going to be something else entirely. :ziggi:
virtualmert
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 am

I thought we were sending bongs too.
:cautiously removes pants:
roo
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 am

For the water pipes...... :ziggi:
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

haha i thought they were shipping posters in tokemasters

buncha stoners
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:04 pm

i had an expensive print package double tubed with the large pipe on the outside and a 4" thick walled tube on the inside with some bubble wrap wrapped around on the ends so the inside tube doesn't slide around and i couldn't have been happier with how it was packaged. i also went and bought some cut pipes with end caps in case i need it in the future
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 pm

rmoore wrote:Judging by the subject, I thought this thread was going to be something else entirely. :ziggi:
Yeah, right? Once I was in a head shop and used the word "bong." The chick behind the counter kicked us out. Turns out when you're in the head shop, they're "water pipes", not bongs.

Back on topic, just be careful when using PVC to ship to really cold climates. It can get brittle and break if dropped or stepped on. Of course that's at pretty cold temps. And clearly cardboard, while able to take a drop better than PVC at really cold temps, will crush if stepped on too.
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:17 pm

and they are all meant for tobacco products.

Had a few shifts behind the counter of one. You get to meet some very interesting people.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.