ARE YOU SELLERS BLIND!?!?!

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
recycler
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:57 am

Three recent purchases - two of which came with dings.

I take it as these people are trying to pull one over ya.

As a fellow seller, this is just simply unacceptable and pathetic.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 am

Names or GTFO.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
recycler
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 am

We don't need names and more drama.

It's just really annoying - when you think you scored a poster and it arrives damaged. Come on, I guess I just expect more from this site.
maden
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:03 am

This thread is pointless.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:11 am

Seems the word mint is attached to every drymounting poster.
I am over it too.
recycler
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:15 am

That was very insightful maden. I would like to ask you what on these message boards is not pointless.

I am simply drawing attention to the fact that out of the last 3 posters I bought (and I NEVER BUY), 2 were shipped damaged. I don't care if they come good with the deal, it's a waste of my time.
maden
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:18 am

I am sure the next person who receives a damaged print from one of these sellers will thank you for the heads up.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

tranito
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 am

It's not a bad thing to ask the seller to take the time to closely re-inspect the print and to disclose ANY flaw he would find.
It kind of goes by itself, but at least, those with good intentions who might have missed something (or only go by memory) should take the opportunity to disclose the damage after that re-inspection, instead of just assuming and outstretching the term mint. If that can help.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:32 am

The last 2 prints I have bought/traded for have also come with damage. The sellers made good with a negotiated discount (and thus, I will not be posting names), but, it's extremely discouraging.

People need to learn to check their prints and how to ship (thus, one of the links on my sig).
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
bighitters
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:35 am

I feel your pain, brother.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:46 am

To be fair, overall, you'll end up with far better results here than on ebay as far as condition/item description and packaging are concerned. Especially true if you have the luxury to select which members you want to deal with.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:41 am

How bad were the "dings?" Did it happen in shipping, were the prints packaged with "damage," and how could you tell?

Many EBers have unrealistic expectations when it comes to fancy paper.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:19 am

mistersmith wrote:Many EBers have unrealistic expectations when it comes to fancy paper.
Very true, Smithy.

I have had a few prints come directly from the printers with soft corners, slight edge damage, etc.

It sucks, but you have to understand that many other people handle these prints.

If you have a screen print that has 13 colors with 13 different screens, then the printer handles it a minimum of 13 times, plus the artists signing the print, and then all the sending it back and forth in the mail, which will go through a few people hands for shipping, as well.

This all happens way before it reaches your hands.

Just something to consider when purchasing your precious paper.
Last edited by mattlew69 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stingers
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:21 am

Sadly you have to ask about all condition worries thoroughly or some unscrupulous fools will neglect to say exactly whats up .
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am

Stingers wrote:Sadly you have to ask about all condition worries thoroughly or some unscrupulous fools will neglect to say exactly whats up .
this is also true.

I am very honest about what i sell and will describe it exactly. Or if I sell a print, and havent pulled it out of the flat file in a while, then notice a ding, or smudge, or crease, I will contact the buyer and fully disclose this info, before sending the print. That way, if they are really worried about getting a mint print, they can back out or I will offer a discount.

But I guess some people arent as honest as me and try to sell a damaged print as mint.

Are we going to have to start sending our posters off to a grading company, like we did with baseball cards?