ARE YOU SELLERS BLIND!?!?!

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:31 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
canuck wrote:The term "mint" does not exist in the poster world IMO
The word mint does not exist unless something has been graded. Everything else is merely subjective.
My point exactly...
woodyland
Art Expert

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:27 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
jjbehren wrote:I could really go for some gum...
1987 Topps Baseball.. Those I think were the worst ones. :) And if I recall right, it stained the backside of the card! :wink:
Gum has been staining Topps cards for years, not just '87. A nice set that wood grain.

I received a torn print that the EBer made good, & a crunched corner print that the Beaner said he'd have to be more careful but offered nothing else :roll: whatever...[these are listed in the S&D thread].

And I've read the 'precious paper' comment before & I guess I make more of it then needs to be but I have a ton invested in 'precious paper'. Again, I might be reading it wrong but it sounds demeaning & if that's the true nature of the comment then I don't get it, I don't get why they're even here if that's how they feel about the art. It is very precious paper indeed.

Lastly, downbytheriver, just exactly which artist might you be referring to from the bay area who hasn't been answering your requests for satisfaction? PM me if you like, please.
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
cardhawks
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:19 pm

eh, I think some just want to argue mint to get a discount....
IMO once a print is rolled up all mintness is gone, but hey these aren't really baseball cards are they? one wouldn't roll a baseball card and stick it in a tube.
I guess I'm saying, if it's picky ricky buying a poster from me I'd just as soon pass on selling to him knowing he's going to raise hell about it.
I don't buy prints from the artists without some compromise with regard to the area outside of the frameable area. That's because I'm not going to be viewing the little edge ding or the miniscule corner bump.... that's unrealistic
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:28 pm

through my various hobbies I've found a lot of sellers to rate their items a bit higher than they were supposed to if I don't know the seller I always try and find guys that describe the condition in a bit more detail instead of just labeling it "mint" and take everything with a grain of salt
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:58 pm

canuck wrote:The term "mint" does not exist in the poster world IMO
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
srdzevon
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:30 pm

cardhawks wrote:eh, I think some just want to argue mint to get a discount....
IMO once a print is rolled up all mintness is gone, but hey these aren't really baseball cards are they? one wouldn't roll a baseball card and stick it in a tube.
I guess I'm saying, if it's picky ricky buying a poster from me I'd just as soon pass on selling to him knowing he's going to raise hell about it.
I don't buy prints from the artists without some compromise with regard to the area outside of the frameable area. That's because I'm not going to be viewing the little edge ding or the miniscule corner bump.... that's unrealistic
I've turned down picky ricky before. I'd rather not deal with all that. If everyone thought this way, the world would be a happier place.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
rmoore
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 pm

srdzevon wrote:
I've turned down picky ricky before. I'd rather not deal with all that. If everyone thought this way, the world would be a happier place.
1713275.jpg
sixstringer
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:51 pm

I used to get bothered by edge dings and soft corners when I first got into this hobby but over the years I've relaxed on the issue. Basically I consider the white margin around a print to be the "ding zone" and as long as it frames out it is of no consequence to me. I can't deal with creases or smudges in the image area though.

I suspect most of the time those "picky rickys" are probably thinking about the flip.
eevildee
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 pm

sixstringer wrote:I used to get bothered by edge dings and soft corners when I first got into this hobby but over the years I've relaxed on the issue. Basically I consider the white margin around a print to be the "ding zone" and as long as it frames out it is of no consequence to me. I can't deal with creases or smudges in the image area though.

I suspect most of the time those "picky rickys" are probably thinking about the flip.
I agree with this statement as well.
ImagexImagexImagexImagexImage T.H.C.
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:13 pm

eevildee wrote:
sixstringer wrote:I used to get bothered by edge dings and soft corners when I first got into this hobby but over the years I've relaxed on the issue. Basically I consider the white margin around a print to be the "ding zone" and as long as it frames out it is of no consequence to me. I can't deal with creases or smudges in the image area though.

I agree with this statement as well.
agreed. I hate how corner ding to some automatically means 100$ discount. :hanging:
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
rmoore
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Totally agree with your statement. A lot of people do have unreasonable expectations about these sheets of paper that are handled multiple times by the printer and artist before it even arrives at your doorstep.

Screen prints are not cranked out by a machine in a dust free lab at NASA then measured with laser-precision instruments to ensure they are 1000% mint. Humans handle them while printing, signing, numbering and rolling up in a tube. Put 'em on your walls and enjoy.