How to Ship a Print

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:35 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:crustar just wanted a excuse to stroke himself off
:drool: You bet.

Actually, the point of my post was that I have an updated shipping guide. The original shipping guide I posted is quite outdated. ;)
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Don't know about 'outdated'. It's a pretty badass guide. I used it myself for the first time last week, and it's definitely aces.
So it goes...
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:40 pm

mfaith wrote:Don't know about 'outdated'. It's a pretty badass guide. I used it myself for the first time last week, and it's definitely aces.
Appreciate it. I wish I could edit my original post to make corrections. Ah well.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:45 pm

You guys realize you are talking about this thread, right?
soleblazer
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:50 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:crustar just wanted a excuse to stroke himself off
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:04 am

soleblazer wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:soleblazer and I forgot we were posting in CrustaR's shipping thread
;)

Forgive me for trying to link people to an updated shipping guide. By all means, gentlemen, please continue with your discussion.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 am

No I didn't

I used it as my platform to warn people against this EBer. It's a little more important dude. Sorry for breaking the sanctity of the thread.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Dude, this is the Art Care section, aint nobody gonna see dis fudge!!!
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 pm

ha yeah but what are you gonna do? it isn't really call out worthy & enough people know. YOU know, that's enough for me :heart:

oh dude those BB JLUs u PBd had a dog ear I'd like a 100$ refund now cause I lost out on flip $
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:57 pm

bomb wrote:Got this from eBay member "celluart". Shipped in a flimsy scotch tube with no kraft paper. Print was in a plastic sleeve. The sky below the title is full of dents the whole way across. He claims I want a refund because the value of the print has gone down since I bought it. Sigh. (not sure this is the right thread).
It's not.
biscocrack420 wrote:there's more than one correct way to pack a print for shipping
Duh.
Sceazy wrote:Dude, this is the Art Care section, aint nobody gonna see dis fudge!!!
Wasn't gonna click on it, but saw it kept getting bumped. Decent Mondo drama.

P.S. The packing method in Crustar's sig is serious overkill. Stout would never waste that much time packing a print.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Codeblue wrote: P.S. The packing method in Crustar's sig is serious overkill. Stout would never waste that much time packing a print.
My method is more for folks who are sending a non-replaceable print to others. Of course, I admit that my new guide needs quite a bit of work. Hopefully the concepts will prove useful to some while I hammer out the kinks.

I can't speak for Stout or anyone else, but artists who have dozens of copies of prints that can be replaced have quicker and riskier methods of packing. It's just not worth the time to pack it to the nines when they can send a replacement later on if the print is damaged.
tourist504
Art Expert

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Post Title....

Like this:

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
woodrowgus
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:35 pm

tourist504 wrote:Re: Post Title....

Like this:

Are you purchasing your postage online or at the P.O.?

Basket full o' tubes gets costly at the counter. Lots of $$ saved printing those labels at home.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:40 pm

woodrowgus wrote: Basket full o' tubes gets costly at the counter. Lots of $$ saved printing those labels at home.
How so? Don't they charge the same rate online as they would in person at the post office?
So it goes...
tourist504
Art Expert

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:40 pm

No, but I may have to start if I continue ebaying out the collection as much as I've been. It wasn't that bad.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6