where can i get bigbig archival mylar sleeves

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
gripin

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:02 am

hello collectors

i am a poster collector from swizterland - you know - somewhere there in the heart of europe.

i have now about 300 posters (coop, kozik, emek...) and the most of them has a size of about 57cmx89cm (22.5 x 35").
i store them now in flat files but its a horror to search them and to find one to show them a friend or so.

now i am looking for big mylar poster sleeves to protect them with the possibility to show them other interested collectors.

i only found some on the homepage of the "d king gallery" he has sleeves in size of 24 1/2" x 36 1/2"- but i think dennis is a bit busy so thats why i never get an answer.

any idea where i can get this sleeves - it could be also smaller ones for smaller posters but also i have a few huge sized posters 28.5x40".

a - in switzerland?
b - in europe?
c- in usa?

thanks for any help
whalaw
Site Admin

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:09 am

gripin wrote:hello collectors

i am a poster collector from swizterland - you know - somewhere there in the heart of europe.

i have now about 300 posters (coop, kozik, emek...) and the most of them has a size of about 57cmx89cm (22.5 x 35").
i store them now in flat files but its a horror to search them and to find one to show them a friend or so.

now i am looking for big mylar poster sleeves to protect them with the possibility to show them other interested collectors.

i only found some on the homepage of the "d king gallery" he has sleeves in size of 24 1/2" x 36 1/2"- but i think dennis is a bit busy so thats why i never get an answer.

any idea where i can get this sleeves - it could be also smaller ones for smaller posters but also i have a few huge sized posters 28.5x40".

a - in switzerland?
b - in europe?
c- in usa?

thanks for any help
Gripin,

Hey. You might want to try bagsunlimited.com.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:29 am

EGerber in North Carolina as well...
There is a long post at the bryforums.com (Pearl Jam board) that has some info on this as well - I'll see if I can link that post later today for ya.
Tra la la la la...
whalaw
Site Admin

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:42 am

I believe Yamar is talking about www.atlanticprotectivepouches.com. If you will go to blackredyellow.com, then to the forums, then to "release" there is a thread from the owner (Wally) of atlanticprotectivepouches. With that said, I have e-mailed him in regards to some larger sleeves and even with the discount available to BRY members, his prices were higher than bagsunlimited.com. Good luck.
smoove_b
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:43 pm

These prices seem fairly reasonable. And I like to support other Bay Area folk:
http://www.dking-gallery.com/posters/sale/Mylar.html

Cheers,

B