About to make a purchase and I need help!

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
JNeimer
New User

Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:52 pm

I have about 6 or 7 phish posters that are just sitting in tubes and I want to do the right thing and get 'em out of there. I can't afford to get them all framed, so I'm gonna follow the "how to store" guide on this site, but I have a few questions. I called bagsunlimited customer service and they seemed to think I should go with polyeth sleeves instead of mylar. Why would they say that? If I were to go with Mylar and a backing board, should the dimensions of each be exactly the same, or should the backing board be slightly smaller? I'm thinking the 28 3/4 x 22 3/4 mylar sleeves, and either the 22 x 28 or 28 1/2 x 22 3/4 backing boards. What should I do? Thanks for any help you can give!
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:52 pm

BU should be able to tell you on sizes as to which boards will fit which bags. As long as you're ordering from the same place, they'd better know which of their products fit with which (but what you have listed seems right from what I recall from purchasing). As for mylar VS. poly, it's really a personal choice. I have some mylar but did poly on my last order because it's much cheaper. The bags are less "structural" than mylars, but I can deal with that - they get the job done for me. Mylar's gonna protect it better for longer than poly, but what prints I still have in 25 years that aren't framed will have been transferred to mylar by then. In the meantime, poly works great for me!
Tra la la la la...