Materials for shipping flat

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
phips
Art Expert

Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:13 pm

Hey guys,

If I sell some of Mike Mitchell's Fat Birds and/or Portraits obviously i should ship them flat. Where can i get the flat mailers that work for this type of shipping? Is there a specific name for the materials I should use so i know what to look for?
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:54 pm

I saw a lot of things on bags Unlimited that may help.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:20 pm

I'm a fan of papermart as well. You're going to want some cardboard flats, variable depth mailers, and poly bags.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
phips
Art Expert

Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:
I'm a fan of papermart as well. You're going to want some cardboard flats, variable depth mailers, and poly bags.
I guess I'm more thinking of the materials that Mike uses when he ships these types of prints. Putting this between two pieces of flat cardboard and putting it into a bubble mailer thing doesn't exactly seem safe/sturdy.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:18 pm

What does Mike use to package them? Almost everything I receive flat is sandwiched in cardboard in some kind of mailer...usually made of cardboard.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:20 pm

I didn’t say bubble mailer. I said variable depth mailer. Guess I should have been more clear and said variable depth box. #facepalm
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:59 pm

phips wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:18 pm
Codeblue wrote:
I guess I'm more thinking of the materials that Mike uses when he ships these types of prints. Putting this between two pieces of flat cardboard and putting it into a bubble mailer thing doesn't exactly seem safe/sturdy.
The words he used to describe the supplies indicate they are not the same supplies you describe. He literally described Mike's package
phips
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:27 pm

Codeblue wrote:
I didn’t say bubble mailer. I said variable depth mailer. Guess I should have been more clear and said variable depth box. #facepalm
Well tell Papermart that, pal. When you type in "variable depth mailer" on the site you get lots of bubblewrap/padded envelopes and nothing that looks like what you're describing that Mike uses.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:20 pm

phips wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:27 pm
Codeblue wrote:
Well tell Papermart that, pal. When you type in "variable depth mailer" on the site you get lots of bubblewrap/padded envelopes and nothing that looks like what you're describing that Mike uses.
What happens when you type that into Google 😂
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:16 am

I'm gonna level with ya and admit I put about as much effort into my answers as yer putting into dis.

For the record, I actually bought corrugated sheets from papermart, which ya will want/need for shipping flat. For example:

https://www.papermart.com/p/brown-corru ... -pads/4652

The Easy Fold Mailers AKA Multi Depth Mailers AKA Easy Fold Vari-Depth Mailing Boxes were actually purchased a couple years ago from Staples when they were way cheaper (half the price):

https://www.staples.com/Partners-Brand- ... y=[PRODUCT]

Here is virtually the same product on papermart in various different sizes:

https://www.papermart.com/p/easy-fold-v ... boxes/1169

And now, I'm spent.
canuck
Art Freak

Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:48 am

cardboard is king
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:16 am
I'm gonna level with ya and admit I put about as much effort into my answers as yer putting into dis.

For the record, I actually bought corrugated sheets from papermart, which ya will want/need for shipping flat. For example:

https://www.papermart.com/p/brown-corru ... -pads/4652

The Easy Fold Mailers AKA Multi Depth Mailers AKA Easy Fold Vari-Depth Mailing Boxes were actually purchased a couple years ago from Staples when they were way cheaper (half the price):

https://www.staples.com/Partners-Brand- ... y=[PRODUCT]

Here is virtually the same product on papermart in various different sizes:

https://www.papermart.com/p/easy-fold-v ... boxes/1169

And now, I'm spent.
That might me the most words I've seen in a single post. :D

Pour yourself a cocktail. :pint:
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart