Where can you get good mylar sleeves?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8673
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:29 pm

I am looking for a good way to store my posters in flat files and was wondering if there was a cheap way to get poster size mylar sleeves.

I have found a couple websites but they didnt have a 24X36 or larger size sleeve.
User avatar
norelation
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 846
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:00 am
Location: fortcollinz

Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:49 pm

mattlew69 wrote:I am looking for a good way to store my posters in flat files and was wondering if there was a cheap way to get poster size mylar sleeves.

I have found a couple websites but they didnt have a 24X36 or larger size sleeve.
if anyone finds a good site, I'll go in halves. often you have to buy in bulk. let me know.
User avatar
rauchadam
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:00 am

Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:57 pm

www.bagsunlimited.com

They have the most size options that I have seen.
User avatar
triporfreak
Art Expert
Posts: 2231
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:29 pm
Location: NorCal

Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:02 pm

rauchadam wrote:www.bagsunlimited.com

They have the most size options that I have seen.
& top loading, too! :D
User avatar
marshhouse
Art Expert
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Almost Heaven

Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:12 pm

http://www.atlanticprotectivepouches.com/

Wally used to give discounts to EB, BRY, Phish, GP folks. Tell him which message board you're on. Quality service and product.
Bacon is love.
User avatar
edgar
Art Expert
Posts: 4344
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:00 am

Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:15 pm

marshhouse wrote:http://www.atlanticprotectivepouches.com/

Wally used to give discounts to EB, BRY, Phish, GP folks. Tell him which message board you're on. Quality service and product.
the best product, but sometimes can take a great while to get to you.
User avatar
coxgt
Art Expert
Posts: 2479
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Land of Milk and Honey

Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:07 pm

edgar wrote:
marshhouse wrote:http://www.atlanticprotectivepouches.com/

Wally used to give discounts to EB, BRY, Phish, GP folks. Tell him which message board you're on. Quality service and product.
the best product, but sometimes can take a great while to get to you.
I second this notion... I have waited months, sometimes just for a reply.


Bagsunlimited has been the quickest and easiest route for me, and if you purchase a certain amount of merchandise you get a choice of a Free Gifts (I remember I got the plastic baseball card holder * they make excellent weights to hold prints down*
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
User avatar
DMBfan
Art Expert
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:00 am

Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Bagsunlimited is the way I always go, shipping is included in the price too.
User avatar
aahnutz
EB Team
Posts: 21748
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Some place I'd rather not be...

Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:11 pm

User avatar
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 15402
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ithaca, NY

Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Nice one Lorraine - haven't seen those guys before...
Nice idea to package the sleeves with the backers as one product - saves worrying if they will fit in nicely when ordering.
Tra la la la la...
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8673
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.
User avatar
ill
Art Expert
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:00 am

Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Not sure how I feel about corrugated board as a backer...
User avatar
Imatruck
Art Expert
Posts: 6802
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:00 am

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:36 pm

I prefer atlantic protective pouches. There have been some delays, but these guys were moving into a new building which caused a big slowdown. Wally is a super dude to work with, and gives a nice discount as mentioned above. You can have custom sizes made, but they make many standard sizes that I am sure will fit most if not all posters. Even with a wait....it is worth it......plus....if your posters have not been in mylar for this long....what is your rush. And finally......the box Wally uses to ship the mylar sleeves(they come flat) is HUGE and is really perfect for storing oversize posters that don't fit in a portfolio or brodart box. that's a lot of typing, and I am lazy......so I am going to take a break.
User avatar
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 906
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:00 am
Location: tunnels reef

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:12 pm

A new source I've used with excellent products - Conservation Resources. The thick sleeves are bomb proof.

http://www.conservationresources.com/Ma ... efault.htm

I buy 'em with archival inserts.
They come flat in a thick flat box - good for storage. They also throw in extras ...
User avatar
rhombus_77
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: Tucson AZ

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:51 pm

wandering-gypsy wrote:A new source I've used with excellent products - Conservation Resources. The thick sleeves are bomb proof.

http://www.conservationresources.com/Ma ... efault.htm

I buy 'em with archival inserts.
They come flat in a thick flat box - good for storage. They also throw in extras ...
how the hell do you find things there? Info overload...brain exploding...
Post Reply