Storing linen backed posters rolled?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
v0929
New User

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:10 pm

Hello all, a question for the group on storage. I have a flat file that I use to store posters in a collection that works very well of course, but I also have several others that are too large for the file. Do any of you have experience storing a linen backed poster rolled? I know storing rolled is not ideal, but does a linen backed poster change this at all? Also, what about large posters that are not linen backed? The largest of these are about 45x60-ish so flat storage will be difficult... would love to hear what others do in these cases.

Thank you!
CharlesDeMar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:54 pm

In the past, when the print was too big for my portfolio, I'd buy acid free foam core and sandwich the print in between two pieces, then binder clip the two pieces together. Not sure if that would cause any issues on linen backed posters, but I've done it with full sheet movie posters before. I even added some acid free paper between the prints and stored multiple posters in the same foam core cocoon.