Need advice on keeping prints smoke smell-free

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 am

Hey all, I'm about to move in with a cigarette smoker for the immediate future and am looking for tips on making sure my prints don't reek of smoke. :ziggi: :hanging: My collection will be stored between a bunch of foamcore the entire time. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what I can wrap or store the boards in for extra protection.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:52 am

Move somewhere else and/or store prints somewhere else.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:02 pm

You could take the foamcore, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it inside one of those archival art storage boxes (if you can find one big enough). I've never owned any of those boxes personally, so I'm not sure where to purchase them. Anybody else know where to get them?
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:06 pm

RottenAtom wrote:You could take the foamcore, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it inside one of those archival art storage boxes, if you can find one big enough. I've never owned any of those boxes personally, so I'm not sure where to purchase them. Anybody else know where to get them?
I assume you're talking about these

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/eternity- ... rage-boxes

I don't think they still make the really big ones. The ones I've got are like 30x40 that I bought maybe 7 years ago.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
pvecchi
Art Expert

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Unless he's a chain smoker or has a bunch of friends blowing smoke at the prints you are probably fine

Can you ask him to smoke outside?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:07 am

Tell duke to vape instead.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Thanks for the advice, RA and greenhorn1. I'll see if I can track down a box like that in a larger size.

pvecchi and Codeblue, wish either of those were options. I'm staying there rent-free so I'd feel jerky asking them to smoke outside. I will ask that it doesn't happen on the top floor where I'm staying, at least. Within six months I should have a new place of my own, thankfully.