ISO 24x36 Acid Free Portfolios

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:33 pm

No code. Storage sleeves don't have the holes punched out to fit into the rings of the binder. Why would there be sleeves that you can't put prints in?
jeffgriz
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:45 pm

I have an Itoya portfolio for my 24x36 prints with 20 sleeves. I'm not an avid collector so I only have 16 of them filled on the front side, but I am getting close to maxing it out. It says on their website that you can put prints on both sides of the divider to get a maximum of 40 in the portfolio. This might be a totally dumb question, but is this okay to do? Any chance of cross contamination with different kinds of paper and ink in the same sleeve, or getting waves or ripples from different paper thickness? I think I'm just being paranoid but I thought I'd make sure with other people that have done this before. Thank you!
Last edited by jeffgriz on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mtarail
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:42 pm

Short answer is no. Itoya portfolios are archival quality and the paper divider is acid free. Some of my prints and posters have been stored in Itoya portfolios for 10+ years, and when you remove them, they look just like when you put them in. Having said that, if this is a paranoia thing for you, and you have the room, you could always buy a second portfolio and keep storing one print to a sleeve.
jeffgriz
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 am

Cheers for the response. I've been wanting to get another portfolio anyway, but it's good to have options in the meantime. Just for organizational purposes, I'd really like to match regulars and variants on the same page. It is much appreciated!