ISO 24x36 Acid Free Portfolios

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
waldoish
New User

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:02 pm

any preference between the zipper portfolio and the presentation book?

i dont plan to take it around but rather keep under the bed except to look thru em.. and the presentation book came with 10 pages which seemed more useful for the same 24x36 prints.

any opinions appreciated!
time
Art Expert

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:45 pm

I really wish they would finally fix the sizing on the pages of those 24x36 however. Jerry's and the other supplier have assured me they will be fixing it but it's been months (years?) and I haven't heard any feedback from new buyers to confirm anything has changed. The pages are simply too tight for actual 24x36 prints to be inserted and held safely I think. I like having a portfolio (multiple portfolios) so that I can actually flip through some of my favorite pieces that haven't made it to the wall, but these 24x36 I have decided not to keep most of my favorites out of an abundance of caution for edge damage because they all seem to come to the very tip or even stick out a bit from the pages.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Hey time, long time buddy! I couldnt agree with you more. I have two Picturesque portfolios (one 24x36 and one 18x24) that I bought years ago. Refuse to buy any more until the manufacturer fixes the sizing issue on the sleeves. It just boggles my mind that they can't get it resolved so the pages properly can fit standard sizes without prints dangling out a bit or being super tight in the page. I'm just waaaay too OCD for that!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:38 am

I'd say 85-90% of my 24" x 36" prints fit nicely. The rest stick out a little, but not to the point where I think they'd get damaged, especially since you have to take care in taking them in and out of the sleeves anyway.

I don't believe anyone has come forward saying that their prints were damaged due to the size of the sleeves, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Ideally, yes, if the sleeves were a few mm longer, that'd be great, but I'm still happy with it, as it allows me to admire my collection more often. I keep most of my expensive prints in my portfolio so that I can easily carry them off if there's ever an emergency.

Like I mentioned in my review, it really does come down to OCD levels vs value. :P
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:18 am

I have the Picturesque 24 x 36 and have the same complaint. Though posters and prints are cut to approximate sizes its still way too tight getting some of those prints in there. I still use it for some prints but only if they are slightly smaller than the sleeves intended.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
time
Art Expert

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:23 am

swabie2424 wrote:Hey time, long time buddy! I couldnt agree with you more. I have two Picturesque portfolios (one 24x36 and one 18x24) that I bought years ago. Refuse to buy any more until the manufacturer fixes the sizing issue on the sleeves. It just boggles my mind that they can't get it resolved so the pages properly can fit standard sizes without prints dangling out a bit or being super tight in the page. I'm just waaaay too OCD for that!
Hi Swabie! Haven't seen you at the shows lately. Come on out to some soon! I've posted about this a few times before here but I've had discussions (via email and phone) with the service person at Jerry's and the other distributor. If everyone who has an issue with these (or who has been hesitant to buy them because of this issue) would just let them know it would definitely nudge them to get it resolved sooner. Last time I spoke to her she said the manufacturer had told them it was fixing the sizing but they had to wait until they ordered more (which could be 6 months or longer) to see if that actually happened.

At Jerry's the person is Amy, their Technical Rep. at techrep@jerrysartarama.com (p) 1.800.827.8478 x214.
At ASW the person I spoke with earlier was Karen at cs@aswexpress.com
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:37 am

God damnit...I always just miss out on the best sale for these.
joshua
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:04 pm

does anyone know who else besides jerrys artarama that sells 24x36 picturesque sleeves? they changed to a matte finish on the sleeves which don't look nearly as nice.
ImageImage
ISO...
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:48 pm

I just discovered this too when I ordered a 5 pack refill. I am on the fence about it although I think I prefer the clear. I have found that my clear sleeves have warped a bit over the years though. The matte finish seems a bit more pliable. Still.....
joshua
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:45 pm

hainshead wrote:I just discovered this too when I ordered a 5 pack refill. I am on the fence about it although I think I prefer the clear. I have found that my clear sleeves have warped a bit over the years though. The matte finish seems a bit more pliable. Still.....
i just wanted to be consistent since i have around 80 pages already. if i cant find any, i guess i will have to make do with what is available.
ImageImage
ISO...
Kurrgo

Thu May 21, 2015 10:28 pm

I was just about to place an order for the icturesque Presentation Case 24x36 with a refill 5 pack and it came out to $188.98. Based on this thread, maybe I would be paying too much?

Should I expect a sale within the next couple of months? If so, I'll just wait to order.
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2015 9:14 am

Maybe? Hard to tell when the big savings will come. If you can wait it out some you have nothing to lose. I saw a pop up today that if you join their email club you can save 25% off one item plus free shipping. Then there is the Memorial Day flier. Not sure if any of these deals get you a better price.
http://www.jerrysartarama.com/super-sal ... g-sale.htm
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2015 9:24 am

Kurrgo wrote:I was just about to place an order for the icturesque Presentation Case 24x36 with a refill 5 pack and it came out to $188.98. Based on this thread, maybe I would be paying too much?

Should I expect a sale within the next couple of months? If so, I'll just wait to order.
I don't know, that's a hard call. It is a sale price.

I got my 24x36 in November 2011, when the "Regular" Jerry's price was $180. Now it's $200.
Probably a big Holiday Sale. It was $88.88, and not eligible for a 15% coupon that was out at the time.
I have not seen a price like that since, not even $100-$125.
The refills were not on sale, and were $50, so I did not get any.

Now the sale price is $150, but you may be able to use a 20% coupon that believe it or not came in while I was typing this. That'll bring it down to $120. If you buff up your order to $250, it's 25% off.

For the refills, I hit a crazy 3-pack sale WITH a 25% coupon.
That was August of last year. They were $52 regular price each, and it figured to $26 per 5-pack for each of three.

Again, that's the only time I ever saw that sale.
I'm guessing you just got the 20%-25% off free shipping coupon too.

Even if you can't find $60 more of things you need, with the 20% coupon your 24x36 plus one refill is now $154, free shipping. 25% off makes the duo $142.50
Kurrgo

Fri May 22, 2015 9:26 am

padelimike wrote:
Kurrgo wrote:I was just about to place an order for the icturesque Presentation Case 24x36 with a refill 5 pack and it came out to $188.98. Based on this thread, maybe I would be paying too much?

I don't know, that's a hard call. It is a sale price.

I got my 24x36 in November 2011, when the "Regular" Jerry's price was $180. Now it's $200.
Probably a big Holiday Sale. It was $88.88, and not eligible for a 15% coupon that was out at the time.
I have not seen a price like that since, not even $100-$125.
The refills were not on sale, and were $50, so I did not get any.

Now the sale price is $150, but you may be able to use a 20% coupon that believe it or not came in while I was typing this. That'll bring it down to $120. If you buff up your order to $250, it's 25% off.

For the refills, I hit a crazy 3-pack sale WITH a 25% coupon.
That was August of last year. They were $52 regular price each, and it figured to $26 per 5-pack for each of three.

Again, that's the only time I ever saw that sale.
I'm guessing you just got the 20%-25% off free shipping coupon too.

Even if you can't find $60 more of things you need, with the 20% coupon your 24x36 plus one refill is now $154, free shipping. 25% off makes the duo $142.50
Thanks for the response. For some reason, every coupon code I try to enter says they only apply to regularly priced items vs on sale items. The portfolio is on sale.
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Yeah I don't think any of the coupons work on the jerrys portfolio anymore because its always considered a super sale item...not sure if I should grab another one now or wait a bit more in case a coupon code that works comes along.