Flattening and retubing vs letting it be

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
dayes
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:34 pm

So I have two prints that came in the same tube. They are very thick paper. They were in the tube for about a month, they were then taken out of the tube and nothing was done to them. It is now about two months later and they are out of the tube but they haven't relaxed much, they're still kind of rolled up. In about a month i'll have to put them back in a tube for transporting.
I don't know what to do. Should I try flattening them and then putting them back into the tube? Should I just let them be until I move them again? And what extra care should I take with them in the future?
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Let them be. Then flatten them for good. It's not too much time before you move and putting them under the stress of getting flatten, then rolled again, then flatten again seems like something that will put the paper fibers to the test. They probably prefer to be disturbed as little as possible. Might (or not) accelerate the process of causing minor waviness in the poster.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
dayes
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks for the help, it's more like moral support :D . thanks