New guy question on 24x36 storage

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:43 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:around here, a lot of people do bags + photo corners + foam board backers. seems to be the consensus around here.

or the picturesque portfolio. some complain about cost. some complain about the tightness of the pages.

i have sandwiched foam board for anything over the size. i use a picturesque for all my 24x36. have an itoya for my 18x24.

$.02.
I do the exact same thing.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Dnovi
Art Expert

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:01 pm

I use those 4mil sleeves you referenced in your first post. That with a acid free backboard is great for under the bed. The 4mil is worth the price with it's sturdiness.

Personally, that L sleeve design you are interested in looks to be problematic with it opening up.
ArK
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:28 pm

Dnovi wrote:I use those 4mil sleeves you referenced in your first post. That with a acid free backboard is great for under the bed. The 4mil is worth the price with it's sturdiness.

Personally, that L sleeve design you are interested in looks to be problematic with it opening up.
Good to get some feedback from someone that owns them.

Do you think the "L" sleeves would still be a problem being that I'm putting them in the archival box? I keep reading how people dage the corners getting the prints into the envelopes.

Also which backers did you buy? The poster board, mylar, or from another company? Thanks!
Dnovi
Art Expert

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Yeah I've never had any corner damage issues with the sleeves. Yoiu just have to be careful and have enough surface space to slide the print in. This may be frowned upon but I fit two prints per sleeve with the backboard separating them. Have never had any issues.

Here's the back boards I bought - https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-5489-ba ... 36-14.aspx
ArK
Art Enthusiast

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Awesome, thanks! This was my original thinking but I probably read too much. I do still think I'm going to get the box because my wife likes to shove things everywhere without regard for what was originally there and my dogs hair can literally get into anything.