2020 Elections - A New Hope

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:46 am

mtarail wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:22 pm
Given the fact that all of the candidates are white folks, whoever gets the nomination, including Bernie, needs to pick a hispanic or black person. None of these candidates on their own are particularly appealing to some key constituencies for Dems. If the rules of political logic apply to the Bernie campaign, the vice prez candidate would also be they type of person that will, at least to some degree, allay the fears that moderates have of him.
That's a good point. Cory Booker come on down, you're next contestant in this game we call Armageddon 2020
8=====D~~~~
fredo
Art God

Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:25 am

It’s a steep drop from that tower.. FYI
just a foil for me today, thanks
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:42 am

misterx wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:30 pm
As for him not having the support to win certain states, which you believe should preclude him, come on, 4 years back you KNEW HRC had the presidency in the bag, with those states included, even after rigging it....until all of a sudden, she didn't.
Maybe if I post in one or two sentence paragraphs it will be easier for your little brain to process.

First off, who is "you?"

Second, the election will come down to 8-12 states. If Bernie, or anyone else who is the nominee, does not do well in those states then Trump wins. Did I miss the post where someone said he does not have support in those states and that should preclude him from being nominated?

Third, "even after rigging it"...what got rigged? HRC rigged the general election? Please explain how you half-witted dipshit. Comey screwing her with 10 days left and the release of the DNC emails....seems like the rigging went the other way.

Misterxxy, you are both a troll and an idiot....with small testicles to boot.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:54 pm

hahaha always slays me when I hear Hilldog rigged the election, but lost it anyway. What a drymounting stupid load of horseshit. Oh, and she killed people too, right? lol indeed
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:11 pm

She's got one killa twat, that bitch.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:23 pm

DNC superdelegates warn they will block Bernie Sanders at convention and spark civil war within party
'There is going to be a fight no matter what the outcome'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 63626.html

Thanks to a rule change limiting the powers of superdelegates - which largely came about due to criticism from Mr Sanders following the 2016 Democratic primary - they are now only allowed to vote if no candidate wins the 1,991 pledged delegates needed to reach a majority.

bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:44 pm

mtarail wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:22 pm
Given the fact that all of the candidates are white folks, whoever gets the nomination, including Bernie, needs to pick a hispanic or black person. None of these candidates on their own are particularly appealing to some key constituencies for Dems. If the rules of political logic apply to the Bernie campaign, the vice prez candidate would also be they type of person that will, at least to some degree, allay the fears that moderates have of him.
Not all are that white. Warren is a native. Invisible minority, in her case.

AOC meets all the criteria you mention, plus young and a woman. If that’s the choice though, I would think Trump might have record numbers showing up to vote for him; while quite the opposite might be true for Bernie.

I am really wondering who would be his pick. I don’t know the players in the States all that well to even have a guess beside AOC, but doesn’t seem to be a rational choice.

I also agree 100% with what you said about Bloomberg and minimum wage in the other thread. And fin broke my heart.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:57 pm

gorkie wrote:
DNC superdelegates warn they will block Bernie Sanders at convention and spark civil war within party
I think this is the guarantee that Trump wins. They're going to disenfranchise a lot of voters if the nomination is given to someone who received far less votes and won far less state primaries/caucuses. Also gives them zero room to bitch about another potential repeat of a general vote win and electoral college loss.
8=====D~~~~
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:06 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:57 pm
gorkie wrote:
I think this is the guarantee that Trump wins. They're going to disenfranchise a lot of voters if the nomination is given to someone who received far less votes and won far less state primaries/caucuses. Also gives them zero room to bitch about another potential repeat of a general vote win and electoral college loss.
I agree. That said, Bernie should just focus on winning enough pledged delegates to win and make the point moot. BTW Bernie had nothing to bitch about with superdelegates in 2016...he got his ass kicked on the pledged delegate count.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:16 pm

That's going to be difficult to do with so many people running I think. Most of them are crossing their fingers for him not reaching the required delegates. With the current forecast leaning towards him not getting quite enough, the rest of these candidates have no reason to drop out before the end. ESPECIALLY since many of them would probably stay in the race just to prevent Bernie from winning, regardless of how miserable their own chances are.
8=====D~~~~
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:45 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:16 pm
That's going to be difficult to do with so many people running I think. Most of them are crossing their fingers for him not reaching the required delegates. With the current forecast leaning towards him not getting quite enough, the rest of these candidates have no reason to drop out before the end. ESPECIALLY since many of them would probably stay in the race just to prevent Bernie from winning, regardless of how miserable their own chances are.
I think you might be surprised. The same logic was in place for the Rs in 2016 but people started dropping out. Super Tuesday will knock out a few more. I'd bet we are down to 3 after Super Tuesday.

Ironic that candidates staying in the race after their chances of winning are gone might adversely affect Bernie after he remained in the race in 2016 long after his chance of winning was effectively gone.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:59 pm

As long as Biden and Bloomberg are BOTH running - Bernie wins.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:01 pm

gorkie wrote:

DNC Superdelegate Promoting Brokered Convention Is A Significant Gop Donor, Health Care Lobbyist
https://theintercept.com/2020/02/27/dnc ... 1#comments

WILLIAM OWEN, a Tennessee-based Democratic National Committee member backing an effort to use so-called superdelegates to select the party’s presidential nominee — potentially subverting the candidate with the most voter support — is a Republican donor and health care lobbyist.

Owen, who runs a lobbying firm called Asset & Equity Corporations, donated to Sen. Mike Rounds, R-S.D., and Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, and gave $8,500 to a joint fundraising committee designed to benefit Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky in 2019.

“I am a committed Democrat but as a lobbyist, there are times when I need to have access to both sides and the way to get access quite often is to make campaign contributions,” said Owen, in a brief interview with The Intercept.

Whatever it takes to beat TRUMP amirite?!

jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:04 pm

lol
HR3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:32 pm

“And again, whose alt are you anyway?”

To my knowledge, alt is in reference to an alt right person, or a Nazi. If that’s what ur saying then Fuuuuck you! If not, please elaborate, as I’m cluefucked on what u are talking about.
Until u can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to urs, then u have NOT lived. Make getting over urself a top priority.

Politically incorrect since 1976. Deal with it Zoomers! :quack: