2020 Elections - A New Hope

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
Devours
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:28 am

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:27 am

The debate was fantastic. Robust and very spirited. Bloomberg was the weakest and seemed quite indifferent to the relevancy of the group attack. It was encouraging to see how contentious they could be as a whole. I want to see fearless resolve when it comes to revealing policies and vast views. I want to see drive and fortitude. I want it to be engaging. The diversity within the Democratic Party is a great thing. Such varied views. I find it naive that some of the country view it as divisive. All I see and hear from the Republicans are extreme right wing ideals, long bereft of patriotism or decency.

This is not like past elections and Trump is not like anything we have had before. We all have strong opinions and favorites out of the candidates who remain, but come November I believe there will be record numbers in votes against the Republican Party.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16143
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:54 am

D- There will absolutely be record numbers of voters, but unfortunately the increase in turnout will be in heavily blue states. Having record turnout in California or New York is going to do little to get Trump out of office.

As for the idealism of the Democratic primaries, Democrats should remain steadfast in the goal of victory come November. Having the most Kumbaya ticket that loses achieves nothing.


X - shut up dummy
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6528
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:31 am

misterx wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:01 pm
jjttdw wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 am
I'm sure X would like the POTUS election to result in no winner. More chaos benefiting mother Russia!! And there is ample evidence of Russian hands in the 2016 election. Here is a nice little article:

Is Oleg Deripaska the missing link in the Trump-Russia investigation?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... estigation

In emails first reported by the Washington Post, Manafort proposed giving Deripaska “private briefings” on the Trump campaign, and told Kilimnik to pass the idea on to the oligarch, apparently an effort to win his favor and settle the lawsuit that Deripaska had brought against him. Manafort, Kilimnik and Deripaska have said no formal proposal was ever made and nothing came of the idea.

Does anyone actually believe that nothing came of it? Lets use a little logic. OVD has close ties to Putin. Putin has a vested interest in who wins the 2016 election. Manafort offers information from inside the campaign. Putin through OVD is going to turn that down? No way. Everyone denies it because it is a crime.
...I also don't believe Russia gives two craps about America. As your importance and standing in the world decreases, directly proportionate to this would be Russia's interest in the US. Its really that simple.

Image

This is to be found at the top of the page you linked.

Given the age of the article, did you try searching for how these unfounded allegations were concluded, over 12 months ago??
The depth of your ignorance is entirely contained within your statement that Russia doesn't give a crap about the U.S. Perhaps U.S. standing has declined in recent decades but it still has the largest economy in the world paired with the most powerful military. I think the U.S. has Putin's attention. In contrast, Russia's nominal GDP roughly 10% that of the U.S....talk about a country whose standing has dropped.

As far as the age of the article, go find something that shows that things in the article are not still true. Of wait, you can't. And I guess we found who doesn't believe anything came of all of it....an ignorant little troll. Maybe say something critical of Russia on the way.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 13843
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:00 am

Clown today...

Whoever has the most delegates going into the convention should be the Democratic nominee for the general election.

Clown 4 years ago (along with all 5 other candidates on the stage last night)...

There are convention rules for choosing the Democratic nominee that should be followed and we must let them play out.

This is what happens when you have a candidate who doesn't want to be an official member of a club, yet they want to be President of said club.

#derpsaidtheclown

Image
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6528
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:50 pm

The Hidden Story of Sanders Plot to Primary Obama

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/election ... spartandhp

That said, if he wins the nomination he has my vote.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
jrsheppa
Art Expert
Posts: 5403
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: The South

Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:47 pm

X channeling Comrade Madison in every response.

Image
User avatar
plaink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:53 pm

User avatar
BlakeAronson
Flipper
Posts: 8522
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:37 pm

gorkie wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:00 am
This is what happens when you have a candidate who doesn't want to be an official member of a club, yet they want to be President of said club.
Bernie is running for POTUS. Not president of a club. Would you prefer he ran as an independent? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't. Is there anyone here that would actually prefer he runs as an independent? pretty sure Russia and X would prefer he ran as an independent.

On a side note, I was sent this by a friend. I haven't researched it at all yet. But any money going to defeat Mitch is money well spent IMO.
https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ms_sr ... connell-a1
8=====D~~~~
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6528
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:48 pm

agree on your side note. If you figure out what the deal is with that link, please post. Not sure how they can match. I'd throw a little money through that link if it went to that race only.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
BlakeAronson
Flipper
Posts: 8522
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:14 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:48 pm
agree on your side note. If you figure out what the deal is with that link, please post. Not sure how they can match. I'd throw a little money through that link if it went to that race only.
So Actblue is legit, they handle most of the fundraisers for dems. However I'm not sure if this is a misleading drive or not. It insinuates that it is going towards helping Amy unseat Mitch. However, per this https://support.actblue.com/donors/cont ... -i-donate/, it appears this fundraiser is going specifically towards the Stop Republicans pac, not anything that I can tie specifically to Amy. I assume Stop Republicans can send this money to any candidate of their choosing. If you want all Republicans unseated, probably doesn't hurt to donate to this. But if you want your money to go specifically to Amy, I would either donate direct to her or research this further (something I'm not going to do.)

This one is direct for Amy.
https://secure.actblue.com/donate/mcgra ... om-gsearch
8=====D~~~~
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 6986
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:26 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:31 am

As far as the age of the article, go find something that shows that things in the article are not still true. Of wait, you can't. And I guess we found who doesn't believe anything came of all of it....an ignorant little troll. Maybe say something critical of Russia on the way.
Bro. Nothing came of the crap you are posting as being hard hitting revelations. Zilch. Guess why? :D


misterx wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:01 pm
Take some of that logic you reckoned you used to post this crap and show me the ample evidence you repeatedly reference yet never produce...because you cannot, given there is none, yet you continue to repeat the mantra over and over, in some half witted effort to make it somehow come true.... I love it !
A half witted attempt to somehow make it come true...

Seems a little sus that rather than shooting me down in a ball of flames with that proof Russia tried to steal your elections to favour Trump, you skirt the issue.

I have a feeling you'd love to, wouldn't you?But you cant, because its all been one big drymounting lie. And, yeah, youre right, I do believe nothing came of it....because it didn't .

Now thats a strong statement I just made, but with no proof of the now 4 year argument you've been prosecuting, you'd have to be a fool for thinking anything else.

Take that killshot. its right there !!
I will be only to glad to apologise to you publicly for being wrong.


Can you say the same, wd40?


Edit. Russia and I care not if Bernie was to be an independent or a Dem, contrary to that second fool, to be found above.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 13843
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:27 pm

Ha!

Image
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 6986
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Had an epiphany just now....

If Bernie does end up becoming the Dem nomination, what are the odds the MSM then turns to ...


" The Russians are ALSO helping Bernie Sanders....does this explain his rise in popularity??"

Watch.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16143
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:42 am

...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
gorkie
Art Freak
Posts: 13843
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:30 am

Ees a hoax.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
Image
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
Post Reply