America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:30 pm

For your new thread, fredo.

Reuters: Russian doctor who met Putin last week diagnosed with coronavirus

A doctor who gave Russian President Vladimir Putin a tour of Moscow’s main coronavirus hospital last week said on Tuesday he had himself been diagnosed with the virus.

Putin visited the Kommunarka hospital last Tuesday where he chatted to the doctor, Denis Protsenko. Neither man was wearing protective equipment during their conversation, TV footage from the visit showed.

Putin donned a hazmat suit and a respirator during his visit to the hospital last week when dropping in on patients. But he did not have his protective gear on during a meeting with Protsenko, with whom he was photographed shaking hands.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:12 pm

Luls.

The Hill: Hospitals threatening to fire workers for speaking out about coronavirus shortages

At least two health care workers have been fired after speaking out about the need for more coronavirus tests and protective equipment as hospitals across the country warn doctors and nurses not to publicize pandemic-fueled shortages of medical supplies.

An emergency room doctor in Washington state was fired last week after criticizing working conditions at his hospital where he had worked for 17 years, and a Chicago nurse was fired after warning colleagues their assigned masks offered inadequate protection against coronavirus, according to reports.

"Nurses and other health care workers are being muzzled in an attempt by hospitals to preserve their image," said Ruth Schubert, a spokesperson for the Washington State Nurses Association. "No health care worker should face being disciplined or fired for speaking the truth."

Ming Lin, an emergency room doctor at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Wash., was terminated after he spoke out against what he called a lack of protective measures, while Lauri Mazurkiewicz, a nurse in Chicago, was fired by Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

A similar warning was issued by NYU Langone Health in New York City, according to Bloomberg News.

Mazurkiewicz has sued her former employer for wrongful termination. She was dismissed for warning coworkers that the type of mask they were required to wear was "less safe and less effective" than the N-95 mask, according to the Chicago Tribune.

As the country braces for a spike in cases over the next few weeks, hospitals are warning employees not to speak publicly about working conditions, which could include shortages of N-95 masks and gowns, as well as beds and life-saving ventilators.

Media gag orders have been linked to hospitals across the country.

A doctor who manages two Facebook groups with some 70,000 physicians told Bloomberg News that she's heard numerous accounts from doctors who have been warned by their hospitals not to draw public attention to problems they are encountering while handling the influx of coronavirus cases.

"I'm hearing widespread stories from physicians across the country and they are all saying: 'We have these stories that we think are important to get out, but we are being told by our hospital systems that we are not allowed to speak to the press, and if we do so there will be extreme consequences," Nisha Mehta, a radiologist in Charlotte, N.C., told Bloomberg, adding that many doctors are receiving "daily emails" about hospital gag orders.

"The public needs to hear these stories and other physicians need to hear them to be warned against what's coming," Mehta added. "It's so important that everyone understands how bad this is going to get."

Hospital administrators say the measures have been taken to protect patient privacy.
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:32 pm

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
misterx
Art Expert

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:12 pm
misterx wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 am

Interesting ( and MASSIVE ) turn of events last week re OPEC+ where the cartel wanted a reduction in oil production and Russia, having been abused by the West for years, said naaah...

A very large NAAAH, infact, given the reduction would have benefitted the US the most...

So large, it caused the greatest price reduction in oil in over 5 years, which will F with US frackers, who need around $68 per barrel to break even, whilst Russia only needs $40.
XXY,you are a daft half-wit. Russia refused because oil is what funds their kleptocratic government led by your hero, Putin.... :shock:

They reduce production and their government starves.... :shock:
jjttdw wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:12 pm
Remember that the oil price war right now is with Russia and the Saudis... :shock:
jjttdw wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:21 pm
Russia fired at us then the Saudi's fireD at them. Right now those two are in a gun fight....we are not in that fight as we don't have a gun. Bullets are flying around us though.. :shock: .
How have your bizarre theories stood the test of time, mr Mensa ?

Are you still denying you're in an Oil price war? :D

I see Trump called Putin Monday, to discuss, amongst other things, all things oil, as the US fracking industry nosedives and waves of defaults begin to crash over and damage US investment banks.

Trump, having battered Russia with sanctions, is now phoning the Kremlin for help. Hows that for optics??

I wonder what Trump was offering to entice Putin to cut production?

America still nothing to do with this price war, wd40?

Thank god you keep telling me you're clever.

I can't imagine the mess you'd somehow make, if not...
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:51 am

I'm not telling you I'm clever, I'm telling you that you are dumb. Perhaps to a dumb person it makes me look clever.

I can explain this to you but I can't understand it for you. I'll type slowly maybe that will help.

Even before COVID-19 world demand for oil was softening. In response, Saudi Arabia looked to get agreement on production cuts to increase prices. Your Mother Russia, led by your hero Putin, refused. Russia / Putin, under pressure of years worth of sanctions for their misdeeds wanted lower prices to hurt the U.S. shale industry which was built on a mountain of debt. The Saudi's didn't like this and responded by ramping production and cutting prices. To review, Saudi request followed by Russian action followed by a Saudi reaction.

Yes, there is an oil price war. I never denied it and you posting that I did is a lie just like you posting that the charges against the 13 Russians were dropped. What I said and am saying is that the major players in the war are Russia and Saudi Arabia. Countries like the U.S., Norway, Venezuela, Iran, Iraq etc are collateral damage. Until R and SA come to an agreement the war continues. Trump talking to Putin means nothing. I'm quite sure leaders of most of the OPEC members have spoken to Putin and MBS.

The U.S. oil industry is only 8% of the economy and shale is but a fraction of that 8%. Oil is a much larger share of the Russian and Saudi economies. This oil price war in comparison to the economic damage being wreaked by COVID-19 is nothing.

Now go back to the little spot you have under the bridge CupcakeXXY, you are clearly outclassed.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:14 pm

misterx
Art Expert

Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:21 pm

*sigh*

You believe that the US is collateral damage?
You don’t think the US is the main target, with crosshairs tightly focused ??

Wanna buy an Opera House?

I see Trumps been working the phones this week, between MBS and Vlad...

Like I said, I wonder what concessions are being offered to Putin by SA and USA?

Yemen? Syria? Nordstream? Venezuela?? Sanctions being lifted?

And all for a fraction of, what did you say, 8% of your economy?

Guess we’ll see !

🙃🙂
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:55 pm

jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:21 pm

CupcakeXXy, you have a lot of faith in Trump but then he is your guy. Don't look for him to get much done as he is as dumb as you are and both Putin and MBS know it. Your hero Vlad ain't gonna get much which should make you sad.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:11 pm

1) I hate Trump as much as the next guy...

2) Keep an eye on that fraction of 8%, buddy. Its going to hurt you badly, soon.

3) Read this in order to keep up....it verifies my points to you a few weeks ago about Russia's position re. oil prices.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gene ... l-War.html?

Or you can just keep telling yourself it has nothing to do with America...and we shall see!
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 pm

And where’s a barrel trading now? Sweet plan.
That's what she said
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:11 am

finneganm wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 pm
And where’s a barrel trading now?

I love how our WCS has been trading below 5 dolares a piece for a while now.

The best part about this whole thing is that the dude later said they didn’t even discuss any cuts in production even though it would be great for both, Russians and Saudis (or something along the lines).

10-15 million barrels is a pretty drymounting crazy expectation. I mean it’s drymounting insane by any measure. Especially keeping in mind that the USA had produced a record of 395 million barrels of crude this past January, which is an increase of probably about 7-8% from the January before.

I laughed when I read about it first. Reminded me the “funding secured” tweet by Musk in regards to Tesla going private. Luls. Trolling at its best. Someone got richer though. Wish I had more balls yesterday.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:54 pm

Hail to the MAGAts.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:21 pm

gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Trump firing inspector general who flagged Ukraine whistleblower complaint

The whistleblower complaint touched off a probe and testimony that resulted in President Trump's impeachment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... n_20200403