America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:57 am

Window dressing bro. The Dems just gave Trump 4 more years and you should know this. They did nothing. And achieved nothing.

You just spent three years staring at a window, whilst over HERE is where you should have been looking, as the DNC gave Trump everything he wanted....why do you not know this?
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:54 am

Haven’t checked any political thread in quite a while (or so it seems), but man... Your system is a drymounting joke. I wonder if they saw this coming when they were writing up on how the “procedure” to take place.

In spite of shooting themselves in the foot, the Democrats did the right thing. He is your man for the next four after this one ends though, little doubt in my mind.

plaink wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:02 pm
Romney. Who knew.
No fudge!

This took forever to find, but totally worth it:
bubbie wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:16 pm
earlgreytoast wrote:Just brilliant. I know it sounds trite but I’m happy to be the same age ... and to be able to see these stunts play out. ... historians will talk about this fudge for generations to come and we have a front row seat. Or at least nosebleeds. drymounting awesome.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:33 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:55 pm

30 years ago Trump gets removed from office. Impeachment was the right thing to do. With that said I think the Ds did a poor job handling it. Romney was right in his vote. The obstruction of Congress was a stupid count. The House had a remedy in the court system but refused to avail themselves of it. They would have been better off HRCing Trump. Public hearings all the way up to the election.

Unless a Republican follows Trump and if he lives for any appreciable amount of time, he will be charged with a few crimes.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Must be God’s will I guess.

Evangelist preacher Franklin Graham planned a seven-city UK tour. All seven venues have dropped him

https://us.cnn.com/2020/02/06/uk/frankl ... index.html
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:55 pm
30 years ago Trump gets removed from office. Impeachment was the right thing to do. With that said I think the Ds did a poor job handling it. Romney was right in his vote. The obstruction of Congress was a stupid count. The House had a remedy in the court system but refused to avail themselves of it. They would have been better off HRCing Trump. Public hearings all the way up to the election.

Unless a Republican follows Trump and if he lives for any appreciable amount of time, he will be charged with a few crimes.
Trump will not be held accountable for anything done prior to, or while he's in office. Doing so would "not be in the best interests of the nation." Trump JR, Ivanka, and Erdick might find themselves in some uncomfortable legal situations after his term though.
I'm not someone else.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:05 pm

chalkdust wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:33 pm
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Luls. What exactly do you disagree with in my post?

Do you think the system/instruments in place to protect the said system and people worked as intended, fairly, and in a democratic fashion? The irony here is that, in my opinion, irregardless whether the answer is yes or no, the outcome suggest that it doesn’t work. And it is a joke simply because of how it was handled by both sides, but Republicans in particular. When Mitch was saying something along the lines of them working together with the president to run the hearings as quickly as possible to acquit the president, among other things. Yes, it’s a drymounting joke. At least presumption of innocence was strong in this one, lol.

Did they see this coming when the instruments were put in place? I am assuming not. Perhaps they should have because it appears what happened was the exact opposite of what was supposed to. But could one expect a different outcome in a two-party system, where at least one of the parties lost all shame, decency, and common sense? One would think that the fall would be fast and hard after the behaviour of and series of decisions made by the Republicans, yet we are talking about strong possibility of a turd serving another term in the White House. -> A drymounting joke. Or is it the people who elect these turds and support them? Or is it the system that allows these people to elect these turds over and over again? I don’t think it is that hard to see where I am coming from and why I think it is a drymounting joke. It’s also a joke that there are enough people to elect the turds, regardless of the system in place.

Will Trump be elected again next year? Yes, probably, in my opinion. I don’t know what it looks like from the inside, but to an outside observer, me in particular, it looks like a circus, for the lack of a better word, and it has been looking like that since the before the last election. The fact that Bernie appears to be the front runner at the moment doesn’t help either. He is a great man and I would be voting for him myself, but I really think he is not electable. X kept saying in the other thread (maybe still does, I don’t know, didn’t read for awhile) that he is the one the establishment doesn’t want, but it sure wants Warren; not exactly so. It sure doesn’t want him, but I don’t think it is much concerned about him at all. I read an interesting article a while back and it pretty nicely outlined how the markets react to changes in poll ratings of the candidates. I would link it, but I can’t remember where I read it (think it was Reuters). Anyway, regardless of how Bernie ranks, there is virtually no reaction by investors. It sure isn’t the case for Warren. In fact, her ratings provoke the strongest reaction among all candidates. You can draw your own conclusion from this, but mine is that majority of fairly smart people don’t believe in Sanders’ electability and see Trump as a clear winner in that scenario. And then I also read that while Sanders is pretty strong in Iowa, he wasn’t able to draw any new crowd. That is debatable though because Warren has quite a following as well while running on a similar platform. On the other hand, majority didn’t believe that Trump would be elected to be the POTUS. And the fudge show of caucuses is still to run for a long time (a pretty ridiculous way to select a nominee, in my opinion), so who knows who will be the candidate. One thing is clear though: it’s a drymounting mess.

Romney voting as he did was a surprise to me. Not sure what’s more surprising though, him voting as he did or that no other Republican did the same.

Is it the EGT quote that you didn’t like?

Do tell.

To finish off, how is this one for a joke: Trump did pretty well on his campaign promises?

P. S. Amstel is a light beer as it is and it sucks. Can’t imagine what the Xlight tastes like.
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Hunter Biden now has a BIG target on his back after the impeachment farce failures.

*Sniff*$5 says Creepy Joe goes down with him.

Politically, he's a dead man walking.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:33 pm

misterx wrote:
Hunter Biden now has a BIG target on his back after the impeachment farce failures.

His political death has more to do with the fact that he now comes across as an addle-minded old man which is precisely what he is. You think like a Russian with regard to retribution. Joe Biden will not be charged with anything because he did nothing wrong. Hunter Biden is also not guilty of a crime. Weren't you also one of those morons that said Clinton was done for once Trump prompted an investigation of her? You know, the one that yielded nothing? Good of you to spread the Russian point of view though. How hard do your handlers want you to push for Trump? Or it is more of a try to reduce confidence in elections sort of thing so it is merely implied.

Now we can add a lack of knowledge as to the law to the ComradeX list. To recap you lack intelligence, logic, reasoning skills, balls, map reading skills and legal analysis skills.

No say something about critical about Russia you little bitch.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
squalie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:34 pm

gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:43 pm

The Billion-Dollar Disinformation Campaign to Reelect the President
How new technologies and techniques pioneered by dictators will shape the 2020 election

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ar/605530/

The campaign is run from the 14th floor of a gleaming, modern office tower in Rosslyn, Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C. Glass-walled conference rooms look out on the Potomac River. Rows of sleek monitors line the main office space. Unlike the bootstrap operation that first got Trump elected—with its motley band of B-teamers toiling in an unfinished space in Trump Tower—his 2020 enterprise is heavily funded, technologically sophisticated, and staffed with dozens of experienced operatives. One Republican strategist referred to it, admiringly, as “the Death Star.”

The Death Star. You can't make this shite up.

misterx
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:57 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:33 pm
misterx wrote:

His political death has more to do with the fact that he now comes across as an addle-minded old man which is precisely what he is. You think like a Russian with regard to retribution. Joe Biden will not be charged with anything because he did nothing wrong. Hunter Biden is also not guilty of a crime. Weren't you also one of those morons that said Clinton was done for once Trump prompted an investigation of her? You know, the one that yielded nothing? Good of you to spread the Russian point of view though. How hard do your handlers want you to push for Trump? Or it is more of a try to reduce confidence in elections sort of thing so it is merely implied.

Now we can add a lack of knowledge as to the law to the ComradeX list. To recap you lack intelligence, logic, reasoning skills, balls, map reading skills and legal analysis skills.

No say something about critical about Russia you little bitch.
As I said, politically, Biden is dead. This has nothing to do with being charged. Where did you concoct that ? Key word ? Politically.

Re retribution ( your word) your bitterness towards me must be clouding your thoughts. It's not ( ffs) Russian thinking retribution. It's Trump.

And he will make sure he gets his pound of flesh off both of them.

Let's see who is right.

PS I originally took your belief that I am a Russian asset as a joke.

I now realise that you are sooo far down the rabbit hole with your Russophobic dark thoughts that I now see you actually believe this, as you hilariously accuse me of fermenting discord on.....wait for it....EB!

Do you look under your bed every night too?
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:02 pm

Rick Scott Announces Constitutional Amendment Raising Impeachment Voting Threshold in the House

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ric ... the-house/

Senator Rick Scott (R., Fla.) on Thursday announced he would introduce a constitutional amendment to raise the House voting threshold to approve articles of impeachment to three-fifths of the chamber, instead of a simple majority.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:19 pm

mtarail
Art Expert

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:01 pm

squalie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:34 pm
I'm not sure how many chins to count. Is that 3 or 4?