America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Check out 2:40 - 4:45.

Friggin' creepshow.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:33 pm

That's what she said
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Perfect place for this.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:19 pm

finneganm wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:33 pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/opin ... e=Homepage

I’ve always liked Friedman
A pretty good read.

To further the point I was making previously, I just stumbled upon this from earlier today.

Reuters/Ipsos poll: Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets
The national survey, conducted on Monday and Tuesday after Trump told the lawmakers they should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” showed his net approval among members of his Republican Party rose by 5 percentage points to 72%, compared with a similar poll that ran last week.

Among independents, about three out of 10 said they approved of Trump, down from four out of 10 a week ago. His net approval - the percentage who approve minus the percentage who disapprove - dropped by 2 points among Democrats in the poll.

Trump’s overall approval remained unchanged over the past week. According to the poll, 41% of the U.S. public said they approved of his performance in office, while 55% disapproved.
Trump does not have much to loose. His core base will not turn on him or highly unlikely to do so. There is nothing for him but to gain support. Not the case for the Democrats. You can’t win playing his game. Seems like I am repeating myself back from the previous potus campaign.

Also worth mentioning from the same article, IMO
The public response to Trump’s statements appeared to be a little better for him than in 2017, after the president said there were “very fine people” on both sides of a deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

In that instance, Trump’s net approval dropped by about 10 points a week after the Charlottesville rally.
Wait till the dude finds the golden middle of tolerance to racism. Then you are really drymounted.

P. S. lol at lolterally every lol at the number for the republicans actually bumping up 5 points. He “was just defending our country” though.
fredo
Art God

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm

There is no such thing as gaslighting per se. Only torture and self-delusion.

He's dumb. There is no evidence to the contrary - none. Everything that supposedly indicates an underlying hardcore intellect is based on a lie. All of it - his business "acumen", inheritance, bailouts, mail order brides.... even the presidency. It's all a con. He learned one trick from his old man and has played it to death because he can't do anything else. Every time his actions are rationalized as being something other than a trick...the trick works. That's the trick.
just a foil for me today, thanks
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 pm

He’s an inane madman working hard every day to manipulate the racial insecurities of the ignorant to gain more power.

It’s disgusting. And so are every single one of his supporters.

History will never forgive those who stand behind and prop up this psychopath.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:23 am

fredo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm
There is no such thing as gaslighting per se. Only torture and self-delusion.

He's dumb. There is no evidence to the contrary - none. Everything that supposedly indicates an underlying hardcore intellect is based on a lie. All of it - his business "acumen", inheritance, bailouts, mail order brides.... even the presidency. It's all a con. He learned one trick from his old man and has played it to death because he can't do anything else. Every time his actions are rationalized as being something other than a trick...the trick works. That's the trick.
And that’s more or less what I am saying. We may disagree on how dumb he is. Him being who he is, playing his game all or most of his life and winning the ultimate prize, the presidency. Many smart and very smart people tried and did not succeed on that quest. You can’t deny him that. That’s why I said “not very smart” rather than dumb. There is no “underlying hardcore intellect” in any of it.

You can’t blame him for Democrats playing his game either. He throws the bait (picks up points), the dems grab it and run with it down the rabbit hole (he picks up points again). Then gorkie tells us all about it here. Probably his friends from the group texts he is part of do the same elsewhere. Not exactly a winning strategy. Again, call him out and move on. Talk about the real issues: taxes, pollution, Iran, deficit, deregulation, etc. Talk some points that the media would pick up on because they aren’t really doing anyone any favours, except for the man himself. It does not seem to be a rocket science, alas... The problem is the economy is booming, people are working, markets close at a record every other day. Wait till the fed drops the rate and it will carry him all the way into 2020.

His base does not give a fudge about what Democrats talk about. Many “undecided voters” do, I assume, but I am sure it is not the first and second items on their priority list.

In the mean time, #sendherback is probably the next #:

misterx
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:48 am

As I have said repeatedly, much to the chagrin of many....

Goebbels would be proud.

Still, regardless of how good fredo thinks Trump is at lying, he's getting another term simply because the Dems are doing nothing to prevent it.

Seems odd.

On the upside, another Trump term will surely continue to wreck US hegemony further, hopefully to a point of no return.

Silver lining!

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 am

"The Dems" haven't fallen for any of it. An actual, reasonably outraged response to the bullshit is reasonable- desirable even. It's shills like you who feed the myth (and in the process conveniently slander the reasonable response to the bullshit) that this is somehow what got him the presidency. It isn't. He got it because people fell for his bullshit. And b/c they hate women more than bullshit.
just a foil for me today, thanks
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:41 am

What a dick.

RAND PAUL, WHOSE TAX-CUT VOTE ADDED $1 TRILLION TO THE DEFICIT, TELLS 9/11 VICTIMS TO SUCK IT

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07 ... m=VYF_Hive
dero316
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 am

gorkie wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:41 am
What a dick.

RAND PAUL, WHOSE TAX-CUT VOTE ADDED $1 TRILLION TO THE DEFICIT, TELLS 9/11 VICTIMS TO SUCK IT

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07 ... m=VYF_Hive
Agreed. Helluva battle to pick.
dero316
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:02 am

This is worth the 6 minute watch(if you can mute Cruz)
sixstringer
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:22 am

dero316
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:02 pm

Epstein bail denied AND:

The US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit will release of approximately 2,000 pages of documents, likely over the next several days, which may reveal sex crimes committed by "numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well-known prime minister, and other world leaders," according to the court's three-judge panel.

gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Because facts matter...

The S&P

The Dow

Imageibc bank near me now
Last edited by gorkie on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.