America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:55 am

Televangelist Warns Of Satan Burgers
burn in hell soulless vegans!
misterx
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:01 am

I'll post this clip from April 15th again, as its most certainly appropos.....

“What’s the cadet motto at West Point?
You will not lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate those who do.

I was the CIA director.

We lied, we cheated, we stole. It’s — it was like — we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment.”

You cannot make this shite up.

They are not even doing fudge on the sly anymore...they openly talk about it.

Remember the mans words next time you see him on your TV telling you how Iran is the bad guy.

He lies.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 am

The CIA lies about stuff?! Stop the fuggin presses, we've got some breaking news!!!
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:07 am

Kramerica wrote:
The CIA lies about stuff?! Stop the fuggin presses, we've got some breaking news!!!
LOL. Substitute any government for CIA and it is just as true.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:22 am

Codeblue wrote: duh
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
dero316
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:23 am

It wasn't even really in the context of the question, very odd and braggadocios. Then again he was in Texas...

Question: Hi, Mr. Secretary. My name is Ben Allen, and I’m a civil engineering student. My question for you is: How do you balance condemnations with concessions in diplomacy with a controversial government such as Saudi Arabia? Thank you.

Secretary Pompeo: So I always begin with a deep understanding that no secretary of state gets through their first day without recognizing it’s a tough world out there. We don’t appreciate how glorious it is to be here in the United States of America on a consistent enough basis and with enough fervor. Maybe you do here at Texas A&M, but I think too many Americans don’t understand how blessed we are. These are -- are many, many tough places out there.

Having said that, not all tough places are the same. They each present a different set of challenges. I -- it reminds me, you would know this as -- it’s a bit of an aside. But in terms of how you think about problem sets, I -- when I was a cadet, what’s the first -- what’s the cadet motto at West Point? You will not lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate those who do. I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. It’s -- it was like -- we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment.

And so when you deal with these countries, you have to just recognize they’re not all the same. Some of these difficult, nasty places want to partner with the United States and just haven’t gotten to the right place yet, just haven’t been able to move their own institutions. And some of them may only be trying half as much as they ought to be trying, but they’re trying to move in the right direction. That presents a very different way of thinking about how the United States ought to address them. In those cases, we ought to assist them.

We should never shy away from calling them out. We have to be consistent. The State Department puts out every year a Human Rights Report. It’s just a compendium of bad acts around the world during the last 12 months. It’s way too long a book. But you should look at it. We call out friends, we call out adversaries, we call out everyone in between. But we have to find places where some of these countries that aren’t living up to our human rights standards -- we address it, we work to fix it, we hold them accountable as best we can, and then we work to make sure those things don’t happen again.

There are another set of bad actors who’d just as soon see you all perish from this planet. That calls out for a different American response. And so sorting those through, figuring out exactly the right mix of American tools -- diplomatic tools, economic tools, political tools, military tools, figuring out precisely what the right mix is the task that we engage in at the State Department, but we do it with all of our partners in the national security apparatus as well. So the leadership in the White House, the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, the Department of Treasury -- we were talking about sanctions -- all of those have an important piece of figuring out what exactly the right mix is.

And so just two things. One, we need to constantly evaluate if we have that right with respect to every one of those actors. Have we got the right balance? Are they still in the same place? Are they still making progress? Are they still serious about addressing the shortcomings that we identify? And then second, we have to be relentless, whether they are friends or adversaries, in making sure when a nation falls short that America will never shy away from calling them out for that behavior that didn’t rise to the level that we hope every nation can achieve.
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Trouble in MAGAtville.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Stayed away from this thread for a while, but this is great news!

The Jerusalem Post: U.N. OFFICIALS: U.S. PLANNING A 'TACTICAL ASSAULT' IN IRAN

Diplomatic sources at the UN headquarters in New York revealed to Maariv that they are assessing the United States' plans to carry out a tactical assault on Iran in response to the tanker attack in the Persian Gulf on Thursday.

According to the officials, since Friday, the White House has been holding incessant discussions involving senior military commanders, Pentagon representatives and advisers to President Donald Trump.

The military action under consideration would be an aerial bombardment of an Iranian facility linked to its nuclear program, the officials further claimed.

"The bombing will be massive but will be limited to a specific target," said a Western diplomat

The decision to carry out military action against Iran was discussed in the White House before the latest report that Iran might increase the level of uranium enrichment.

The officials also noted that the United States plans to reinforce its military presence in the Middle East, and in the coming days will also send additional soldiers to the area.

The sources added that President Trump himself was not enthusiastic about a military move against Iran, but lost his patience on the matter and would grant Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is pushing for action, what he wants.

misterx
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Kramerica wrote:
You knew this all along?!! Why did you not say something?!! Does it bother you, or are you good with it, because everyones doing it?!!!

The ignorance shown on here by the majority warranted a refresher, especially as we listen to Pompeo lying about manufacturing an attack on yet another sovereign country who poses no threat to US security, but possesses shitloads of .....yes, you guessed it...oil.

To the small handful on here who own US passports, have travelled and have a less myopic worldview as a result, look at the size of Iran relative to Europe...

HUH ??!!!!
fredo
Art God

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm

.ru
just a foil for me today, thanks
misterx
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:24 pm

Who ru?
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:05 pm

The people of the US are marching in the streets demanding that we save some troops for Venezuela.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:20 pm

But not to protest extradition to the mainland. Because that's somewhere else that's tied to some other autocracy that X and co. love.
just a foil for me today, thanks
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm

fredo wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm
.ru
It's troll.ru
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 pm

Supreme Court ruling deals potential blow to Paul Manafort as he battles state charges

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... harges.amp
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram