America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:12 pm

dero316 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:02 am
This is worth the 6 minute watch(if you can mute Cruz)
Unless the Republicrooks decide to fight for reinstating the FCC Fairness Doctrine that they aggressively opposed, they should probably shut the fukkk up.

Also...

Google CEO Sundar Pichai says yes to privacy laws, no to political bias and maybe to China

https://www.latimes.com/business/techno ... story.html

“This question might be relevant if Republican members wanted to bring back the fairness doctrine and expand its scope to social media companies,” Nadler added, referring to the law, abolished by President Reagan’s administration, that mandated radio and television stations devote airtime to controversial public issues and ensure that coverage fairly represented opposing views. “I doubt we will see any interest in doing so.”

The allegation that Google search results were politically biased against the right began on the self-professed right-wing blog PJ Media. A writer searched for “Trump” in Google’s News section and sorted the first 100 results by source, using a media-bias chart that placed libertarian website Reason.com in the center of the spectrum and, in a bit of circular logic, Google off to the left. Five of the articles were from Fox News or the Wall Street Journal, with the rest coming from other mainstream news sources.
The resulting story, “96 Percent of Google Search Results for ‘Trump’ News Are From Liberal Media Outlets,” was mentioned on Fox News. President Trump included the number in a tweet, adding that “Google & others are suppressing voices of Conservatives and hiding information and news that is good.”
As each member of the House committee got his or her five minutes with Pichai, the questions followed a partisan pattern.
Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) asked whether any Google employee had been sanctioned for manipulating search results to disfavor conservatives, citing the PJ Media article.
“It’s not possible for an individual employee or groups of employees to manipulate search results,” Pichai replied, saying that the search ranking process is automatic and constantly changing in reaction to the changing internet.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:20 pm

dero316 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:02 pm
Epstein bail denied AND:

The US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit will release of approximately 2,000 pages of documents, likely over the next several days, which may reveal sex crimes committed by "numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well-known prime minister, and other world leaders," according to the court's three-judge panel.
Good regarding bail and I bet the decision gets appealed to the full 2nd Circuit before anything is released. I'll go further to say that money and power will win out and the release will be stopped or severely limited.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:31 pm

I say he ends up in prison.

These are America's daughters.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:14 pm

dero316 wrote:
Epstein bail denied AND:

The US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit will release of approximately 2,000 pages of documents, likely over the next several days, which may reveal sex crimes committed by "numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well-known prime minister, and other world leaders," according to the court's three-judge panel.
The partial flight list out there is already gonna blow up Hollywood
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Woo5lscott wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:14 pm
dero316 wrote:
Epstein bail denied AND:

The partial flight list out there is already gonna blow up Hollywood
It's like Pizzagate with extra cheese and extra pepperoni!!!

Oh, wait. Pizzagate wasn't actually real. Derp.

Let it all come out. All of it.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:51 pm

fredo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 am
"The Dems" haven't fallen for any of it. An actual, reasonably outraged response to the bullshit is reasonable- desirable even. It's shills like you who feed the myth (and in the process conveniently slander the reasonable response to the bullshit) that this is somehow what got him the presidency. It isn't. He got it because people fell for his bullshit. And b/c they hate women more than bullshit.
Luls. He’s gotten his presidency because people are drymounting idiots and what that saying says that I wrote a page or two back. And thank “the dems” for making poor choices during the last campaign and running it the way they did. Yes, that was a great part of what got him the presidency, whether you like it or not.
But sure, you keep on keeping on with your reasonable response bullshit. In a “normal” world, one would think that most anyone would be a shoe-in running against Trump, yet we are talking about a pretty good chance of him being your next president. Think about that and how democrats deal with his bullshit.

In the mean time, from one of the most pro-American Europeans (If not the most) I know of:
"Dear Justin ... it is a pleasure to be in Montreal, the most European of Canadian cities. I really feel at home here, for many reasons, also because in Montreal I didn't hear anyone shouting, 'Send him back,'" Donald Tusk said at a press conference alongside Prime Minister Justin Trudeau after a Canada-European Union summit.

"I've been, for many years, one of the most pro-American politicians in Europe. It's difficult to understand some of those thoughts, words and sometimes if you feel that something is totally unacceptable you have to react despite business, despite interests. For me, values are much more important than trade, sorry, maybe I'm old fashioned but I will never change my opinion here," he said.
dero316
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:07 pm

gorkie wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:59 pm
Because facts matter...

The S&P

The Dow

Imageibc bank near me now

As long as it's heading in the ^ direction, and percentages can sometimes be misleading.

Same(ish) dates as the graph
S&P numbers(per MarketWatch)

Jan 20, 2009: Closed 805.22
June 6, 2011: Closed 1288.18
Difference: +482.96

Jan 20, 2017: Closed 2271.31
June 6, 2019: Closed 2843.25
Difference: +571.94

finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Percentages are the only thing that matters. Otherwise the Great Depression had an S&P drop of 25 points.
That's what she said
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:24 pm

dero316 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:07 pm
and percentages can sometimes be misleading.
Now that's funny shite.

Why don't you show us your alternative facts too while you're at it?

Jesus.

It's not rocket science.

Fortune...

S&P 500 Has Performed Far Worse Under Trump Than Under Obama

https://fortune.com/2019/06/03/stock-ma ... ma-sp-500/

So much for having the “best” stock market returns.

When it comes to talking himself up, Trump in particular has compared himself to Barack Obama. So, how do the two presidents measure up in terms of growth in major indexes, measured between their inauguration and May 31 of their third year in office?

The short answer is that Trump has quite a way to go. Under Obama,
the S&P 500 grew by 56.4%.
The Dow Jones Industrials Average was up 50.6%
and the Nasdaq, 92.9%.

The numbers under Trump were
21.4% for the S&P 500,
25.2% for the Dow, and
34.2% for Nasdaq.
Last edited by gorkie on Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:28 pm

And both presidents dropped the ball in not diving headfirst into infrastructure spending.
That's what she said
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Why would Dump and his shite flies dive head first into infrastructure when they could dive head first into tax cuts for the top 1%?
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:22 pm

And Obombers excuse for not diving in head first, gorkie....??!!!

Asking for a friend.

You are now governed by the military industrial complex...

"Supporting American workers" is creating a couple of thousand jobs building death machines with which to murder already starving Yemeni children, in an attempt to save a decaying empire.

A can't make this fudge up moment, if ever....
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:31 pm

finneganm wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:19 pm
Percentages are the only thing that matters. Otherwise the Great Depression had an S&P drop of 25 points.
Amen. Would you rather be in market when the Dow goes from 5k to 15k or 20k to 32k? The correct answer is the former which is a 200% return versus the latter which is 60%.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:34 pm

misterx, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

^^^My favorite thing to read on EB. :D

But I'm sure it says something very close to this...

Я открываю рот и какашка рвота выходит
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Nah, just a post highlighting how under Trump all illusions have been dispelled and the veil is off....thats all.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.