America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 am

gorkie wrote:Yes. THAT Merrick Garland.

Trump appeals ruling requiring accounting firm to comply with House subpoena

https://www.axios.com/dc-judge-upholds- ... 5cb5f.html
...a Clinton appointed judge.
#rigged
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2019 11:03 am

It will be appealed to the Supreme Court.

If this is not upheld, this will mean we literally live in a LAWLESS country where the Constitution (and the powers vested by it) means nothing.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2019 11:38 am

Just in case anybody was wondering what a very frightened con man looks like.

jjbehren
Flipper

Tue May 21, 2019 11:42 am

gorkie wrote:If this is not upheld, this will mean we literally live in a LAWLESS country where the Constitution (and the powers vested by it) means nothing.
Agreed. I always knew we'd face a constitutional crisis at some point during this presidency, but I was guessing it was going to be after Trump's second term when the masses demanded a third.
ImageImageImageImageImage
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2019 11:45 am

you make it sound like he has masses, he doesn't. And even that will get less and less
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 21, 2019 11:46 am

Something something executive privilege.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2019 11:56 am

There is no executive privilege over this. The power of this oversight is specifically granted by the Constitution. The law is clear. Now let's see if judges can correctly administer the law as it was written and allow the powers to be used that are granted to the House by our country's Constitution.

We shall see.
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2019 11:59 am

Secretly recorded video casts harsh light on Europe's far right

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/19/opinions ... index.html

The video of Vice Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache, of the far-right Freedom Party, appearing to promise government contracts to a purported niece of a leading Russian oligarch was the last straw in what had become an uneasy coalition with the center-right party of Chancellor Sebastian Kurz. Late Saturday, Kurz called for new national elections "as soon as possible."

"Vienna plays a key role for Putin and for the far right," Peter Pilz, an independent Austrian lawmaker told The New York Times. "Far-right parties all over Europe have become a sort of fifth column for Russia. In Austria, that fifth column has been in government."

As part of the ruling government coalition, the Freedom Party has sought to chip away at Austria's traditional, hard-won neutrality. In the secretly recorded video, Strache compared journalists to prostitutes. He even suggested that Victor Orbán, the far-right prime minister of neighboring Hungary, was brilliant when he had the idea of engaging political allies to buy up broad chunks of that nation's private media, turning it into his own propaganda machine. This is the same Orbán who, sitting next to President Trump in the Oval Office last week, beamed as Trump exclaimed, "it's like we're twins."
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Codeblue wrote:Something something executive privilege.
Executive Privilege rests on the concept of advise and actions that occur while a President is in office.

https://www.npr.org/2007/06/28/11527747 ... ege-anyway

Presidents have argued that executive privilege is a principle implied in the constitutionally mandated separation of powers. In order to do their job, presidents contend, they need candid advice from their aides — and aides simply won't be willing to give such advice if they know they might be called to testify, under oath, before a congressional committee or in some other forum.

Trump's accounting firm does not qualify.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Just wow.

Danno1
Art Expert

Tue May 21, 2019 7:08 pm

chalkdust wrote:you make it sound like he has masses, he doesn't. And even that will get less and less
Honestly one would think so, but at this point he has a firm grip on 37% by most figures i hear. Thats a good grip, hell thats a great grip considering who he is and what he has done. At this point in the game that 37% will never, ever, under any circumstances turn on him. He could take their healthcare, reduce their social security, raise their taxes and they are all like "lock her up."

Dude we have reached a point in our stupidity where we cant even make this crap up anymore.
stay thirsty my friends
fredo
Art God

Tue May 21, 2019 7:23 pm

AUS screamed for drunk, angry, racist daddy yet again despite the predictions...so all bets are off for 2020.
just a foil for me today, thanks
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2019 7:26 pm

Barring the economy imploding, buckle up.
That's what she said
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Don't worry, as white Christian men, ya'll will be ok.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue May 21, 2019 7:33 pm

I’m no longer a man.
I made the change.

I am now Gorkitta.