America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Franklin Graham to Buttigieg: Homosexuality 'sin' to be 'repentant of' not 'flaunted'
While Graham’s homosexuality condemnation is not new, polling shows that a majority of white evangelical Christians support LGBTQ nondiscrimination laws.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... ed-n998466
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
fredo
Art God

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:24 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
fredo wrote:Whose alt are you again?

So how about those civilian deaths and the warmongering that needs to stop? America sure has a way with violence and spreading it around the world. No wonder we make people into such upset enemies.

PS I just asked my wife who's alt I am, she said "there''s definitely only one of you".
I'll take that as a yes.
just a foil for me today, thanks
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:05 pm

fredo wrote:I'll take that as a yes.
Be careful with that one. He's got brain. He knows how to scramble up the letters in the word psychology to create a new, nothing word!

misterx
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:34 pm

haven wrote:I found this to be rather disgusting.

UN Bows To U.S. Demands, Waters Down Resolution To Help Survivors Of Sexual Violence In War
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/un-secur ... 4d31da294d
The disgust keeps on rollin' in mate...but I applaud your public denunciation. I can count on one hand the number of times an American EBer showed a negativity to US Foreign Policy in public. Lots of PM's in agreement..not so many on here.

As we can see, ygolohcysp stepping up and voicing a few home truths results in this threads' ultra-rightwing Dems gorkie and NZ immediately throwing around the nasties to steer the conversation away...that truth stings, obviously.

Its the American way though...shutting down any discourse that pulls back the curtain.

Take for example...

On April 5, the United States revoked the visa of the International Criminal Court’s (ICC) chief prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, for her attempts to open an investigation into alleged war crimes committed by the U.S. in Afghanistan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/05/worl ... istan.html

A week later, judges at the ICC rejected Bensouda’s request to open a probe into U.S. involvement in Afghanistan.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/u ... han-probe/

So now America is immune from prosecution from War Crimes, even though it commits more than any other country.

A clear inequality in international law.

No wonder you're not very popular.

I look forward to the day the US IS brought to book for its crimes. As does most of the world.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
glenn1
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:57 pm

FOUR emails from Biden today asking for money. FOUR.
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Fighting the MAGAts takes $$$.
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 pm

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:03 pm

I thought all that was fairly obvious.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:22 am

Sick meme though
That's what she said
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:16 am

squalie
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:24 am

Propaganda machine in full effect. The fact that a sitting President calls in to a hack news show to talk about conspiracy theories is just nuts. #merica Meanwhile the Dems still have no drymounting clue.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:51 am

The Dems don’t have any cohesive message yet. That will most likely change after the field narrows.

They need to hammer access to healthcare. Affordable Education also. Not the moronic pay off all student debt (which will benefit those who went to great schools that presumably have better paying jobs while leaving those who didn’t go and having presumably less paying jobs in the lurch) but something like going after accruing interest and offering something like the GI bill for more than just military.

They also need to hammer the “anyone but Trump” narrative, like the R and Trump did anti Clinton in 2016. Focusing on the record deficit, corruption, lies, twitter rants / attacks, cozying up to dictations and pushing away allies, etc. Asking questions like has Trump done what he said he would for you (healthcare, jobs, lower gas prices, etc) and if your life is any better than in 2016.

I think at this point if one still likes Trump, one will vote for Trump. If one dislikes / hates Trump they will vote against him. The trick will be getting the independents and younger people along with the base to vote

I like Biden for going after Trump. I like some of the others for pushing some progressive ideas. I still like Bernie and think he does both well and more moderately.

I also think the trade war might come back to bite Trump. Either he will make poor deals and lie/spin them like he did NAFTA 2.0, NK, etc or countries like China may string him along and stall until the election. Presumably the trade war is hitting / hurting the blue-color workers (ones without job and wage security, or 401Ks or access to good / inexpensive healthcare) ones in the States where the election was very close in 2016 (Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania)
Last edited by pvecchi on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:01 am

With 20 Democratic nominees, I wish some party elders would knock it down to 3/4 viable candidates. A debate with over a dozen nominees is going to be silly and devolve into who has the best 20 second sound bite (which is exactly what happened to the Republicans last go around).
That's what she said
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 am

finneganm wrote:With 20 Democratic nominees, I wish some party elders would knock it down to 3/4 viable candidates. A debate with over a dozen nominees is going to be silly and devolve into who has the best 20 second sound bite (which is exactly what happened to the Republicans last go around).
I think most agree but I doubt in a year it will be 20 people.
I think the trick will be that they can’t do Trump’s dirty work by slinging mud at their competition as the field narrows.

I really doubt Trump will participate fully / in many Presidential debates; he knows he’ll be destroyed. He’s going to bully and hide behind Twitter and hold rallies to motivate and organize his base to go to the polls.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:33 am

I'm calling it now. I don't think Trump debates at all