America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:53 am

Ok, had to actually google because who wouldn't?
cintas best restroom.jpg
It appears we do have our own newport here in Canada. But so do you in the US and yours has been going since 2002, it appears.
cintas best restroom US.jpg
Canada: http://www.bestrestroom.com/canada/
US: http://www.bestrestroom.com/us/

P.S. You are welcome again, newport!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:31 am

That was very kind bubbie. We will have to wait for Newports69s new alt to thank you.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
howdyall
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:04 pm

money says newport's never seen the inside of a single award winning shitter in his life

not without being thrown out by security for putting cameras in the stalls, anyways
I was just in the women's restroom for my notes, man {budweiser belch}
chalkdust
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:10 pm

that 2010 winner, the Fountain on Locust is one swanky-ass bathroom
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Off to London today for about a week.

Sure hope I don't get zee poyzin.

If I do, love you all.

Mean it.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:42 pm

chalkdust wrote:that 2010 winner, the Fountain on Locust is one swanky-ass bathroom
Fancy bathroom in a nice little ice cream parlor.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:39 pm

:lol:
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Downloaded and watched Active Measures.

Holy shite.

Must must must watch.

Just do it.
78415B79-4833-4EB8-96EE-76BD1A11429B.jpeg
desch
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Active Measures is on Hulu so I'll be watching this weekend.

Which Documentary Should You Stream Next? You’ve Got Options
https://www.vogue.com/article/new-docum ... t-and-last
Active Measures, streaming now on Hulu, examines ties between Russia and President Trump.

I saw filmmaker Jack Bryan’s dense and persuasive documentary on President Trump’s ties to Russia at a packed screening in New York last winter. Bryan and his writing partner Marley Clements and co-producer Laura DuBois were still putting the finishing touches on the film, but when the lights came up all the audience wanted to talk about was how soon this documentary could be widely seen. There was a feeling in the room that no time could be wasted getting it in front of American audiences. (It premiered at a Toronto festival in May, had a brief theatrical run, and is now streaming on various digital platforms, including Hulu.) Active Measures still feels well timed: It’s a prosecutorial two hours that lays out the evidence Robert Mueller’s investigation is surely gathering of President Trump’s business connections to Russia and the ways Putin’s government has worked to disrupt and influence American democracy. The film is rigorously sourced and includes interviews with Hillary Clinton, the late John McCain, and a host of intelligence-community officials past and present—and includes deeply convincing accounts of Russian money laundering through Trump properties throughout the world and the suggestion (still unproven) that Putin does indeed have something on our president. Active Measures is not an easy watch, but it’s an important one.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:19 am

In an interview with Hugh Hewitt on Friday, Bob Woodward said that in his two years of investigating for his new book, Fear, he found no evidence of collusion or espionage between Trump and Russia. Woodward said he looked for it ‘hard’ and yet turned up nothing.

"’Did you, Bob Woodward, hear anything in your research in your interviews that sounded like espionage or collusion?’ Hugh Hewitt asked Woodward.

“’I did not, and of course, I looked for it, looked for it hard,’ Woodward answered. ‘And so you know, there we are. …..’

“’But you’ve seen no collusion?’ Hewitt asked again to confirm.

“’I have not,’ Woodward affirmed.

"Hewitt would once again ask Woodward about collusion at the conclusion of the interview.

“’Very last question, Bob Woodward, I just want to confirm, at the end of two years of writing this book, this intensive effort, you saw no effort, you, personally, had no evidence of collusion or espionage by the president presented to you?’ Hewitt asked.

“’That is correct,’ Woodward said."

The attitude in the mass media with respect to the work that Woodward has done on Fury borders on a sort of deification. He is considered careful, exhaustive and reliable. He is considered to have sources throughout the government that provide the best information possible. So it is said, over and over. Thus, his word on this issue should be worth its weight in gold. Unfortunately, this failure to uncover collusion barely gets covered.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:40 am

desch wrote:Active Measures is on Hulu so I'll be watching this weekend.

Which Documentary Should You Stream Next? You’ve Got Options
https://www.vogue.com/article/new-docum ... t-and-last
Active Measures, streaming now on Hulu, examines ties between Russia and President Trump.

I saw filmmaker Jack Bryan’s dense and persuasive documentary on President Trump’s ties to Russia at a packed screening in New York last winter. Bryan and his writing partner Marley Clements and co-producer Laura DuBois were still putting the finishing touches on the film, but when the lights came up all the audience wanted to talk about was how soon this documentary could be widely seen. There was a feeling in the room that no time could be wasted getting it in front of American audiences. (It premiered at a Toronto festival in May, had a brief theatrical run, and is now streaming on various digital platforms, including Hulu.) Active Measures still feels well timed: It’s a prosecutorial two hours that lays out the evidence Robert Mueller’s investigation is surely gathering of President Trump’s business connections to Russia and the ways Putin’s government has worked to disrupt and influence American democracy. The film is rigorously sourced and includes interviews with Hillary Clinton, the late John McCain, and a host of intelligence-community officials past and present—and includes deeply convincing accounts of Russian money laundering through Trump properties throughout the world and the suggestion (still unproven) that Putin does indeed have something on our president. Active Measures is not an easy watch, but it’s an important one.

“….lays out the evidence Robert Mueller’s investigation is surely gathering….”

“…includes deeply convincing accounts of Russian money laundering…”

“…suggestion (still unproven) that Putin does indeed have something on our president…”

Hard hitting eh ??

Do ya think we’ll all be deeply convinced by the said accounts?

What do you think the unproven bit does for the film?

That word “surely.”… I dunno. Like they don’t know…??

Get outta here with this stupidity.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn’t even read what you posted.

However, I suspect you are a lost cause.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
fredo
Art God

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:53 am

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4068 ... sion-story

"... I believe very strongly that the answer to the Russian collusion story is in Russia. Moscow," he continued. "If somebody who is really going to get to the bottom of the root Russian collusion issue, the answer is in Moscow."

"If I were to go there, I don’t think I would ever come back."

Asked if he thought he would be "killed" if he visited Russia, the Watergate journalist responded, "Yeah. It would be preposterous, given the nature of their regime and how they look at the press and so forth."
just a foil for me today, thanks
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:02 am

Putin is all in on Dump.
Dump is all in on Putin.
For years and years and years already.
End of story.
Active Measures lays it all out. In a way that allows even stupid/insane people to understand exactly what has/is going down.

No pwoof vatsoeva!!!

Dezinformatsiya does not work here. Eva!!!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:00 am

Plain fact is that the Trump Organization gets its funding from Russia and many of the Russian thieves purchase units in his properties to launder their money. Trump may be a dog but he certainly is a dog who knows who feeds him. This much is true regardless of whether there was collusion or not in the election.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
desch
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 pm

fredo wrote:https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4068 ... sion-story

"... I believe very strongly that the answer to the Russian collusion story is in Russia. Moscow," he continued. "If somebody who is really going to get to the bottom of the root Russian collusion issue, the answer is in Moscow."

"If I were to go there, I don’t think I would ever come back."

Asked if he thought he would be "killed" if he visited Russia, the Watergate journalist responded, "Yeah. It would be preposterous, given the nature of their regime and how they look at the press and so forth."
Hmm, I haven't read the book yet, but I don't believe anybody admitted to any crimes being committed in the White House. I can't believe that anybody interviewed for the book would admit to committing a crime; especially since most people that were interviewed for the book were being taped or provided written affidavits etc. etc.

Just wait for what we learn from Manafort, Cohen and others who are co-operating with Mueller. That's where you might find out these details about Russian ties etc. Again, people being interviewed for a book about the chaos in the White House probably aren't going to cop to any crimes. And people that weren't involved in the collusion or other crimes, wouldn't have the knowledge to tell Woodward regardless.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller