America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
jettad
Art Expert

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:28 pm

FrankBooth wrote:This whole thing is amazing, couldn't even create satire half as good. This is frightening but also it's Alabama so :lol: :lol:
porgs.jpg
Separated at birth?
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Codeblue wrote:I still can't believe he lost. It's way more surprising than Dump becoming pres.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Most awesome lines from that Tapper video for me...

- We're ready for Merry Christmas, Jake.
- Jake, you can always cut a sheep out of a herd.
- Jake, you do not understand.
- It's just a sin, OK?
- Y'all people want to take the whole two or three thousand years of our history and y'all just want to throw it out the window.

That last line especially. What the hell?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 pm

From 2014. Sick mofo.
F1C22562-623A-4613-8EB7-06FA1BD24FE7.jpeg
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:14 am

He has an excuse though because some shitty lawyer or an intern wrote it.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:59 am

oh boy...
rubberneck
Art God

Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:54 am

sixstringer wrote:oh boy...
You can smell the bullshit in his roundabout responses to direct questions. 8)

I see folks at work try to wordsmith their way out of the same line of questioning. Sometimes a genuine "I don't know" works a lot better. Brutal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Philpenn
Art Expert

Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Is it an open book test?
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 pm

I used to be of the mindset it’s only 4 years we can weather the storm but man this guy is Fudging things up bad. Happy to see what happened in Alabama just need to see more changes in the upcoming elections to get the message across and to have any hope to slow him down.
gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Our best hope is that Satan comes to get him right quick.

The CDC is why you and your loved ones aren't dead. Trump just banned them from using the phrase "science-based."

https://boingboing.net/2017/12/16/party ... ogens.html
partpat
Art Expert

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Hahaha. These morons are shook after finding out mueller had ALL the transition email in sept not the 650 they turned over to him. So he had Everyone come in and lie - whoopsie. Indictments for Kushner and jr and dozens more incoming.
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:20 pm

I think you're on to something. After all of the info that's come out without much pushback from the Trump attorneys, they wouldn't be criticizing the process of how Mueller got the emails unless a) substance wise, there's something seriously inculpatory in them or b) it gives investigators significantly more leverage over White House targets and witnesses.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:01 pm

How about that CDC banned word list? That doesn't call to mind the origins of attempted dictatorships at all, eh? How soon til the book burning starts?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
gorkie
Art Freak

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Nope. Not fascist-y at all.

bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:53 am

Haley Warns UN That Trump Is Watching Jerusalem Votes
Nikki Haley has a warning for her fellow UN ambassadors ahead of a key vote on Jerusalem this week: Donald Trump is watching.

Still smarting from having to cast the first U.S. veto in the United Nations Security Council in six years on Monday, Haley is pressing other countries not to support a resolution in the larger General Assembly critical of President Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and move the American embassy there from Tel Aviv, according to four UN diplomats.

In a letter to some countries -- including key U.S. allies -- Haley warned that “the president will be watching this vote carefully and has requested I report back on those countries who voted against us. We will take note of each and every vote on this issue.” The letter was shared with Bloomberg News by one UN ambassador and confirmed by three others.

One diplomat said his country’s mission was told that its vote on the resolution, expected to pass the General Assembly by a wide margin, would be taken “personally” by Haley.

All of the diplomats asked not to be identified discussing communications with the U.S. The U.S. Mission to the UN didn’t immediately respond to questions about Haley’s outreach, but Trump weighed in on the Jerusalem vote during a public portion of a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday.

Read a QuickTake Q&A on the controversy over Jerusalem’s status

“I liked the message that Nikki sent yesterday at the United Nations to all of those nations that take our money and then they vote against us in the Security Council, they vote against us potentially at the assembly,” Trump said. “They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars and then they vote against us. Well we’re watching those votes. Let ’em vote against us."

On Monday, Haley cast a veto to block a Security Council resolution asking countries not to establish diplomatic missions in Jerusalem. The vote reflected widespread criticism in the Middle East and among U.S. allies in Europe over Trump’s Dec. 6 announcement. While Trump cast his move as an effort to help promote Middle East peace, most countries said it would only make peace more elusive.

Palestinian officials said the move disqualified the U.S. from being a mediator in any Israel-Palestinian negotiations and moved after the veto to have the General Assembly take up the nonbinding resolution in an emergency session on Thursday. No nation has a veto in the General Assembly. Only 10 such emergency sessions have been convened since 1950. The last time the General Assembly met in such a session was in 2009 to discuss occupied East Jerusalem and Palestinian territories.

Haley’s letter was in the spirit of remarks she gave on her first day at the UN, when she told nations that she would be “taking names” of those who opposed U.S. interests. Now, she is preparing to do just that as the world body appears poised to condemn the Trump administration for the second time in a week.

The diplomats said Haley’s letter would have little impact on their vote, with one diplomat saying the measure would likely get support from more than 150 nations on Thursday.
Luls again?