America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:53 pm

... or that.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
fredo
Art God

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 pm

comountaingolf wrote:I'm thinking X's hate for Obama coupled with the fascination with the Ukraine and their nationalist government along with X's tacit support of Trump is akin to some serious white guilt for having supported Apartheid and the Afrikaans movement having grown up in South Africa. Does that ring a bell?
It does! Though I think the guilt might actually be anger over having to encode his true feelings (read: lust) for death and daddy within nonsensical posts. The shill daddy giveth...

ps google + "say ten" somehow yielded this.

You're welcome for the xmas avatar, codeblue.
just a foil for me today, thanks
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:34 am

Thought I'd throw this in here. Erstwhile priestess of Trumpism showed up in our guestroom (my Dad's) over the holiday. I know she's satanic but would it have been wrong to gratify myself as she watched on? 8)
IMG_2291.JPG
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:12 am

fredo wrote:You're welcome for the xmas avatar, codeblue.
Luls.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:38 pm

Donald's "winning" tree lighting ceremony

https://mobile.twitter.com/steverudinab ... 5853228032

desch
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:57 am

Trump Pressed Top Republicans to End Senate Russia Inquiry
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/p ... intel.html

Strange behavior for someone that says there's nothing to this "Russia thing." Gee Mr. President, if you did nothing wrong, let the investigation finish and you'll be exonerated. :lol:
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
desch
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:03 am

Study: Even With Dynamic Scoring, GOP Tax Bill Still Blows Up The Deficit
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/tax-bil ... icy-center
Yet the new study by the Tax Policy Center finds that while the bill would somewhat boost the nation’s economic output, leading to more revenue for the government, it would not be enough to offset the revenue lost by the tax cuts. The net effect of the bill would be to increase the deficit by $1.27 trillion over 10 years.
This TPC is the group that Republicans thought would prove that trickle down theory would have the tax cut pay for itself; because all the money those rich people and corporations would get from the tax breaks, would be then showered or trickled down on new employees. :lol: :lol:

In addition...
Ahead of Vote, Promised Treasury Analysis of Tax Bill Proves Elusive
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/p ... -bill.html
In pitching the $1.5 trillion tax overhaul, Steven Mnuchin, the Treasury secretary, has said repeatedly that the plan will pay for itself through a surge of economic growth and that over 100 people in Treasury are “working around the clock on running scenarios for us.”

Mr. Mnuchin has promised that Treasury will release its analysis in full. Yet, as the full Senate prepares to vote on a sweeping tax rewrite, the administration has yet to produce the type of economic analysis that it is citing as a reason to pass the tax cut.

Those inside Treasury’s Office of Tax Policy, which Mr. Mnuchin has credited with running the models, say they have been largely shut out of the process and are not working on the type of detailed analysis that he has mentioned. An economist at the Office of Tax Analysis, who spoke on the condition of anonymity so as not to jeopardize his job, said Treasury had not released a “dynamic” analysis showing that the tax plan would be paid for with economic growth because one did not exist.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:20 am

Flynn just indicted by fbi.
thebends9
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 am

Flynn pleading guilty makes me want to say Merry Christmas again. Merry Christmas everybody, Merry Christmas.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:09 am

thebends9 wrote:Flynn pleading guilty makes me want to say Merry Christmas again. Merry Christmas everybody, Merry Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
sixstringer
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 am

1 count of making false statements to the FBI. Meh.
cerebus
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:30 am

sixstringer wrote:1 count of making false statements to the FBI. Meh.
That's the whole point of cutting a deal. Take the rap for a minor offense, not the deluge of shite from 40 more serious ones.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:42 am

cerebus wrote:
sixstringer wrote:1 count of making false statements to the FBI. Meh.
That's the whole point of cutting a deal. Take the rap for a minor offense, not the deluge of shite from 40 more serious ones.
Yeah I get that...I was being a little sarcastic.

FoxNews.com headline:

"Mueller Gets His Man"

i.e. Tha-tha-tha-that's all folks! Investigation over! Nothing to see here! Merry Christmas!
sixstringer
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 am

sixstringer wrote:
FoxNews.com headline:
"Mueller Gets His Man"
Scratch that...they've already move on to bigger fudge.
foxnews.jpg
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Flynn testifying against Trump might make their front page. Maybe.
That's what she said