America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:00 pm

fredo wrote:
mistersmith wrote:As others have pointed out, this is the same sort of intellectually bankrupt crap that X pulls. .
Except that it isn't. Far as I could tell (and as far as he explicitly states) the blogger was raising reasonable questions based on actual, reported upon facts. This is very much unlike the .ru and iDetective fudge that Xpose posts, which has it's roots and half of it's trunk firmly set in conjecture and prejudice.
You are missing the point. There are certainly facts in the piece. However, the author uses the facts to support conclusions that may or may not be correct. Maybe I'm wrong but Gorkie seemed to be asking for someone to prove the conclusion as factually incorrect. The author's conclusion is an opinion and not a fact.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:04 pm

jjttdw wrote: However, the author uses the facts to support conclusions that may or may not be correct.
As does every person putting together a story.
And he isn't, far as I can tell, excluding any inconvenient facts- which on the flip is exactly what the nutbags do.

edit:
bottom line- it isn't being pushed as a news piece and until we know something (anything) about Dump's motives, i.e. until he stops acting completely irrationally, I got no issue with smart people trying to make sense of it. And I have zero faith that Dump is on the up and up. Nothing about his past, especially the recent past, indicates that he is.
just a foil for me today, thanks
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Hardly suprising: :roll:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ally-yates
Acting attorney general Sally Yates writes to lawyers, describing ‘solemn obligation to seek justice and stand for what is right’

and wait for it...... Sally Yates is subsequently fired.

and replaced with :lol:

not sure how long this 'update'/edit on wikipedia will last.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:35 pm

They're clearly making an end run around the checks and balances that underpin the freedom these drymounts have pretended to love so much.
The fears of a coup, whatever form that might take, even a short-term hijacking for cash.... are absolutely not unfounded.

ps the best 10 minutes from espnfl in years.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:59 pm

fredo wrote:
jjttdw wrote: However, the author uses the facts to support conclusions that may or may not be correct.
As does every person putting together a story.
And he isn't, far as I can tell, excluding any inconvenient facts- which on the flip is exactly what the nutbags do.

edit:
bottom line- it isn't being pushed as a news piece and until we know something (anything) about Dump's motives, i.e. until he stops acting completely irrationally, I got no issue with smart people trying to make sense of it. And I have zero faith that Dump is on the up and up. Nothing about his past, especially the recent past, indicates that he is.
jjttdw wrote: You are missing the point. There are certainly facts in the piece. However, the author uses the facts to support conclusions that may or may not be correct. Maybe I'm wrong but Gorkie seemed to be asking for someone to prove the conclusion as factually incorrect. The author's conclusion is an opinion and not a fact.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:12 pm

FTFY?

You'd have to ask gorkie what he's thinking, but dismissing the piece as intellectual fudge is not the same as re-clarifying that its conclusions are not facts, because:
a) of course they aren't, and
b) the author states as much.

And one last time- Dump's actions warrant exceptional (alternative?) conjecture because his admin is acting so far beyond the pale, so exceptionally close to tyranny as to, well... warrant exceptional conjecture.
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Alleged mosque shooter known as a right-wing supporter who “liked” Trump, Marine LePen

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/ ... rine-lepen
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
jamel-d
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Drumpf just fired the head of immigration and customs enforcement agency.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18
LifTid
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:47 pm

KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:50 pm

applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:25 am

We should mark the unemployment rate and value of a dollar and take a look back to 11/21/16 after 1-2 years and we'll see what alternate facts they say then.

I feel like I'm in a bad reality tv show, "How to Kill the Worlds best Country in 30 days."
thebends9
Art Expert

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:32 am

This is the strangest life I've ever known.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:32 am

mfaith wrote:Image
Needs moar dickbutt.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:34 am

thebends9 wrote:This is the strangest life I've ever known.
Ok, now it's a party.
binky79
Art Expert

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:16 am