America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:30 pm

keefdotorg wrote:
LifTid wrote:I believe this is specifically targeting people blocking highways, not roads.
I have no problem with that.
Apparently LifTid is better at explaining things than me. Highways is what I was referring to as well
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:32 pm

We just wanna keep you safe from people who might protest by setting Bengal tigers loose in the streets!!
just a foil for me today, thanks
john38103
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:32 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Nevermind. I forgot where I am (eb rule #1) and that me trying to have calm logical discussion is wanted around here. Carry on
Did somebody say something that was out of line? You fellas sure are fragile.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:33 pm

so protesting and blocking roads is OK now?
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:34 pm

john38103 wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Nevermind. I forgot where I am (eb rule #1) and that me trying to have calm logical discussion is wanted around here. Carry on
Did somebody say something that was out of line? You fellas sure are fragile.
Nah. I just bore easily with arguing. Thought I was just clarifying the article title and it turned into arguing, which I just have no interest in doing
ImageImage #trollcru
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:so protesting and blocking roads is OK now?
Yes, but the good news is that if you move to North Dakata it will be ok to hit and kill a protestor as long as you didn't really mean it.

Awesome!!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:39 pm

i don't see anyone "arguing" with you. you said you wanted to have a discussion. this is a fairly liberal crowd; don't expect to make a statement supporting republican policies without people questioning your positions and wanting you to explain your rationale.
LifTid
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Maybe protesting in the middle of a highway isn't the greatest idea if you're attempting to avoid getting hit by a moving vehicle.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm

LifTid wrote:Maybe protesting in the middle of a highway isn't the greatest idea if you're attempting to avoid getting hit by a moving vehicle.
you can't deny it's dangerous.

what are your thoughts on why protestors might block a road or highway?
Givn2wail
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:so protesting and blocking roads is OK now?
It might not be OK, but I'd argue that a protest is more effective, if it inconveniences others or affects someone's bottom line $$$$$
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:43 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:i don't see anyone "arguing" with you. you said you wanted to have a discussion. this is a fairly liberal crowd; don't expect to make a statement supporting republican policies without people questioning your positions and wanting you to explain your rationale.
That's really what I mean. I know this is a 95% hardcore liberal crowd. I'm more of a middle of the road on everything. What I mean is, I should have expected immediate backlash against anything leaning right on something. I felt like I explained my position as best I could. So figured I'd stop there
ImageImage #trollcru
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Givn2wail wrote: It might not be OK, but I'd argue that a protest is more effective, if it inconveniences others or affects someone's bottom line $$$$$
^^^ this guy gets it ^^^
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:46 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:
Givn2wail wrote: It might not be OK, but I'd argue that a protest is more effective, if it inconveniences others or affects someone's bottom line $$$$$
^^^ this guy gets it ^^^
I guess that's where I'm different, I'm far less likely to want to listen to anything anyone has to say if they are intentionally trying to cross a line and be a disturbance. But I'd definitely pay attention and take to heart something someone says if they are doing so in a more civilized manner. And I tend to think most other people are in reality.

Edit: Such as if your spouse comes at you yelling at you and generally trying to get under your skin, aren't you going to retaliate in a similar manner? But if she/he comes to you and says they have an issue and want to sit down and discuss it, would you not be more likely to listen?
ImageImage #trollcru
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
ErocAfellar wrote:
^^^ this guy gets it ^^^
I guess that's where I'm different, I'm far less likely to want to listen to anything anyone has to say if they are intentionally trying to cross a line and be a disturbance. But I'd definitely pay attention and take to heart something someone says if they are doing so in a more civilized manner
How about you just sit in the safety of your car and get inconvenienced for 30 minutes while other Americans are peacefully protesting having their rights stripped?

Do you think you could maybe muster up the strength and courage to do that?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
LifTid
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:54 pm

30 minutes.