2023 Rotten Oscars

That's right folks! They're just giving them away!
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:34 pm

Congrats to Cerebus on the win! Thanks again to RottenAtom and to everyone who donated prizes - always love this on EB. :pint:

Just glad I did one point better than RA. :lol:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:35 pm

Congrats to cerebus, our 2023 Rotten Oscars Champ!!! :clap: :pint:

Excellent score in a very tough year. Most impressive :notworthy:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:38 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:34 pm
Just glad I did one point better than RA. :lol:
fudge, I'm officially washed up :lol:

Well done, Sir :pint: :notworthy:
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:39 pm

Congrats, Cerebus. Thank you, as always, to RottenAtom. And I’m sorry to morning me for how much tonight me drank tonight.
onesheet
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:39 pm

Amazing work Cerebus - congrats!

Thanks again to RottenAtom and all the prize donors for putting together another fun evening.
Last edited by onesheet on Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:43 pm

Congrats Cerebus!!! And huge thanks to RottenAtom for hosting again - so glad the tradition continued. What a crazy crazy award season for EEAAO, very happy about it. Cheers, all!
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:47 pm

Whoa, rallied a bit and got a better score than in recent years. Still a couple of points away from top spot, but a couple of points ahead of RottenAtom this year, so that will suffice :twisted:

Congratulations to the RO winners! And thanks all for playing.

Thanks RottenAtom and all the donors , really love embellishing the Oscars this way this every year!
cerebus
Art Expert

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:53 pm

Blimey. Can’t believe I’ve won it finally. I had a good feeling picking EEAAO for most of the awards, but still missed JLC. Dummy.

Anyway, first and foremost, I’d like to thank RA for keeping this fine tradition alive. It’s really one of the events that I look forward to annually on EB, and is really in the spirit of the community that first drew me here. I donated a prize myself this year, and will be delighted to do so as long as RA keeps this going.

Thanks to all those who donated. While bragging rights are (obviously) great, the prizes offer the cherry on top.

Well done to all the other winners. Whoever wins the Robocop, please give it a good home, and try and get it up on the wall, something that I failed spectacularly to do😀

I will personally take the Black Panther poster as my prize, as I missed out on that the first time around.

Thanks all.
vster23
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:10 am

Congrats Cerebus! Thanks to RA and everyone who donated prizes!
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 am

Bravo cerebus! Great speech and an impressive score of 20/23 :clap:

Archibald Tuttle and abstractlyput both scored 19/23 and get next pick of the prizes :clap:

I mentioned using random number generator in the event of a tie , but I think it makes more sense and is more transparent to use the same tiebreaker we use for the winner (length of the show). That would give Archibald Tuttle 2nd pick of the prizes and abstractlyput 3rd pick.

vster23, middayshadows, CSmiley317, and dol3 all got scores of 18/23 :clap:

The tiebreakers go to vster23 (4th pick) and middayshadows (remaining prize) :clap:

Huge thanks to binky79, cerebus, and RPuzio77 for the generous prize donations!! Not only did you give up some awesome minty fresh artwork, you agreed to ship it wherever necessary. Very cool :notworthy:

And thanks to all the regulars who participate each year and continue to make this a fun thing. Cheers yall :pint:

ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:39 am

Whoa, I got a place this year! Total luck - I’ve done this lots of times and never been close except last year.

Huge thanks again to Atom and of course everyone who donated - I really meant to do so this year but I didn’t see this was happening until yesterday and it’s been a busy weekend. Should’ve been proactive and reached out to Atom to offer. Hit me up next year and I’ll find something in the flat file!

That being said I will humbly accept the Reefer Madness print - I think I have a good spot to actually hang it. There’s been so much cool RM art over the years and I own none of it, plus happy to finally add a Malleus to the collection.

Thanks for keeping this going - this is a fun night.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:02 am

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:21 am

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:39 am
Whoa, I got a place this year! Total luck - I’ve done this lots of times and never been close except last year.

Huge thanks again to Atom and of course everyone who donated - I really meant to do so this year but I didn’t see this was happening until yesterday and it’s been a busy weekend. Should’ve been proactive and reached out to Atom to offer. Hit me up next year and I’ll find something in the flat file!

That being said I will humbly accept the Reefer Madness print - I think I have a good spot to actually hang it. There’s been so much cool RM art over the years and I own none of it, plus happy to finally add a Malleus to the collection.

Thanks for keeping this going - this is a fun night.
Cheers Tuttle, that was a helluva title defense :pint:

Nice choice, that Malleus Reefer Madness is wild. Love that print :clap:
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:37 am

Congrats, Cerebus. Thank you, as always, to RottenAtom.
revmod
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:17 am

Cerebus, amazing result. Congratulations!

RottenAtom, thanks as always for hosting.

I ended with eight wrong, which might be my worst showing yet. My wife wasn't available this year to look over my shoulder as I made my picks, and it showed.

See y'all next year!
Drink like nobody's watching.