2016 Rotten Oscars

That's right folks! They're just giving them away! Post lifespan is 1 year.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:01 pm

bringing over from last page:

Heads up. The deadline to get your picks in is 7pm EST. That is actually when the broadcast starts with the red carpet stuff. I stated in my initial post that you would have until the start of the awards show (as we have done previously) but the website we are using will not allow me to set the deadline any later than 7pm EST (6pm CST 4pm PST).

That gives you 2 hours

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:05 pm

categories I keep flip-flopping on:

costumes
animated short
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 pm

I am doing mine now. Almost forgot :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:

I noticed the bear from the revenant wasn't nominated in any category. Da fuq is up with that
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 pm

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Yikes, thanks for the heads up! I have always submitted my final rotten oscar picks right before the buzzer, so that could've been a disaster.
DickButt
Art Expert

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:12 pm

RottenAtom wrote:categories I keep flip-flopping on:

costumes
animated short
Costumes is killing me. I keep going back and forth between 3 films.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:16 pm

middayshadows wrote:Yikes, thanks for the heads up! I have always submitted my final rotten oscar picks right before the buzzer, so that could've been a disaster.
Yeah, wasn't easy figuring out the start of the actual ceremony. Different stuff listed all over the place. The Oscars site says red carpet at 7pm est and show at 830pm est. I tried to changed the deadline but it said I couldn't set it past the start of the ceremony.

I'm not a fan of the tie-breaker on this site. I'd prefer to give people the option to tinker until the deadline. I think next year we'll make up our own tie breaker.

Still, happy this free site exists. I don't know how great it will work come showtime or if the interface will show you other people's picks and stuff. Hopefully it's as detailed as the last site and everything runs smoothly.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:19 pm

DickButt wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:categories I keep flip-flopping on:

costumes
animated short
Costumes is killing me. I keep going back and forth between 3 films.
I kept flipping back and forth between carol and the danish girl.
abstractlyput
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:23 pm

picks are in. thank you RottenAtom! :)
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:27 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
I noticed the bear from the revenant wasn't nominated in any category. Da fuq is up with that
It is! In that ILM is nominated for vfx Oscar , based on their work in Revenant (and that scene). A buddy of mine will be accepting if (when?) it wins.

Best Supporting Mauler isn't a category in and of itself though. Yet.
jrdbdrag wrote:Ex Machina, my choice for best picture this year.
I love this film. Maybe my own fave of the year as well, to be honest. Criminally neglected.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:48 pm

I thought ex machina, sicario and the lobster all received little to no love and were easily 3 of the best films of the year
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:56 pm

...not to mention Hateful 8.

...and yet the Martian gets a nom? Was not a fan.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:58 pm

RottenAtom wrote: I'm not a fan of the tie-breaker on this site. I'd prefer to give people the option to tinker until the deadline. I think next year we'll make up our own tie breaker.
I might have missed it on mobile, but I didn't see a way to just view my ballot without editing, so really I barely remember what I picked a couple weeks ago.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:59 pm

middayshadows wrote:...not to mention Hateful 8.

...and yet the Martian gets a nom? Was not a fan.
You know I actually really liked the Martian. I don't think it was one of the 5 or 6 best films of the year though.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:00 pm

1 hour to get your picks in!

Heads up. The deadline to get your picks in is 7pm EST. That is actually when the broadcast starts with the red carpet stuff. I stated in my initial post that you would have until the start of the awards show (as we have done previously) but the website we are using will not allow me to set the deadline any later than 7pm EST (6pm CST 4pm PST).