George Thorogood 50/50 Tour Poster

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 6 months.
rll512
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:28 am

Good morning EB Community. I hope you all are well and had a wonderful holiday season.

My very first post in an ExpressoBeans forum was back in 2008 when I was looking for help in tracking down the tour poster for George Thorogood's 50 States in 50 Dates tour. Here it is:

Good evening all. I am a new member and am looking for some help.

Back in the early 80's (1983, I believe) George Thorogood and the Destroyers embarked on their "50 States in 50 Dates Tour". I attended their show at West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV and got a poster from the show. I don't believe posters were sold. I had a friend in the campus ticket office who gave me the one from the box office. Several years ago, my folks threw my poster away during one of their annual home cleanouts. I've been looking for another ever since.

Any suggestions (short of putting my folks in a home)?

Thanks!

The tour was actually in 1981 (the stop in Morgantown was on November 14, 1981). Nearly 16 years later, I still haven't been able to track down the poster. Thought I'd trot this out again in the hopes of better luck.

Thanks for your time.