Death Metal... all metal really...

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
antiyou
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 am

Apparently Dave Brockie died last night/this morning. I haven't heard from an official source other than some of his friends on social media.

RIP

May eternity be drenched in cuttlefish ejaculate.

Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 am

Wow, they just lost a guitarist a few years back too. Didn't realize Brockie was 50 years-old, not that young but still a pretty early check out date. I gotta imagine a life in GWAR involves a lot of hard partying.
8=====D~~~~
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 pm

antiyou wrote:Apparently Dave Brockie died last night/this morning. I haven't heard from an official source other than some of his friends on social media.

RIP

May eternity be drenched in cuttlefish ejaculate.

Dang. And Flattus just died a few years ago too. Crazy. Glad i got to see 'em before the deaths. Unforgettable show.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
antiyou
Art Expert

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:30 pm

I didn't particularly like the albums but I saw Gwar any chance I got. I met Dave a few times over the years in and out of character and every time was enjoyable. Sometimes when I spoke to Oderus, he seemed a little out of it. Not too sure if it was the character or the timing or if he was blasted on something. I can imagine if you are walking around in a thong with a giant prosthetic rooster and a monster mask, it does things to your personality.
Regardless, there will never be another Gwar. Glad I got the chance to wear it home.
Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:27 am

Anyone listening to any good new (non death) metal albums?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:49 am

mrkyuss wrote:Anyone listening to any good new (non death) metal albums?
Acacia Strain's "Death Is The Only Mortal" album is pretty good. Though it's not exactly "new", been out for a little while
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:19 am

Just found out my beloved Behemoth is drymounting playin in Dallas next drymounting friday.

There.

Drymount.
qotsa909
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 am

mrkyuss wrote:Anyone listening to any good new (non death) metal albums?
this is my favourite recent album:

https://soundcloud.com/user3105090/than ... ight-white

and here are some more:

UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 am

qotsa909 wrote:
Who is this? Can't make out the name..
qotsa909
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:03 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
qotsa909 wrote:
they're called bast- don't ask me why!
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:06 am

qotsa909 wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:
qotsa909 wrote:
they're called bast- don't ask me why!
Reminds me alot of this album artwork
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:17 am

qotsa909 wrote:
heard these guys on a lastfm shuffle a couple weeks ago. really digging it.
8=====D~~~~
neuikc
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:42 pm

This seems to be on repeat alot according to my "most played" history as of recently:
"There is a ledge somewhere set against a deadly precipice
which Spring’s nostalgic winds never reach."
qotsa909
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:58 pm

neuikc wrote:This seems to be on repeat alot according to my "most played" history as of recently:
i almost listed that but thought it too close to death metal for mrkyuss wishes, even though it's a death/doom hybrid thingy
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).