Page 37 of 93

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:54 pm
by xbrc
antiyou wrote:
antiyou wrote:Not that I thought it couldn't be but, this:

Image


... is amazing.

You gotta like blasty/grindy/pigsquealy death metal though...
That album is great, Experience Your Flesh is one of my favorites off the album.

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:54 am
by Ladybugjwl
Looks like Yob just signed with Neurot. A great pairings my eyes.

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:12 am
by BlakeAronson

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:02 pm
by xbrc
Cripple Bastards and Artificial Brain just released some pretty great albums.

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:50 pm
by simianfever
BlakeAronson wrote:not something I was expecting out of Russia, atmospheric post metal / post rock. something inbetween isis and gybe.

http://showmeadinosaur.bandcamp.com/
This is great. Thanks.

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 am
by deancc
New Gridlink!!!

Image

Listen/buy here: http://handshakeinc.bandcamp.com/releases

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:38 am
by shivashakti

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:52 am
by deancc
Killer live BAPTISTS recording...


Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:12 am
by xbrc
deancc wrote:New Gridlink!!!

Image

Listen/buy here: http://handshakeinc.bandcamp.com/releases
Really enjoyed this album, thanks for that.

These are new albums I liked as well.

Image

Image

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:06 am
by UrsusMorris
What are yall's thoughts on the new Behemoth album?

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:22 am
by antiyou
antiyou wrote:I liked about 3 songs on that Behemoth. I'm pretty bored by the same slow part they use in every song on every album. The first 2 minutes of "Blow...Gabriel" is IMO the biggest drawback to this band. When they play fast, they are punishing. When they do the slow parts, they're just taking up space until a fast part and bores me to tears.
Image

Zos Kia Cultus is my favourite Behemoth album. Demigod was good but the last few have been snoozers for me. I will still buy a ticket to see them anytime they are anywhere near me though. They put on quite a pro performance.

Speaking of Polish metal, Vader should be having a release in the very near future. If you aren't a Vader fan, you're dumb. They are Poland's Slayer. A little heavier and faster but pretty much just a killer thrash/death band. I think they are celebrating their 27th or 28th anniversary this year.

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:15 pm
by UrsusMorris
antiyou wrote:
antiyou wrote:I liked about 3 songs on that Behemoth. I'm pretty bored by the same slow part they use in every song on every album. The first 2 minutes of "Blow...Gabriel" is IMO the biggest drawback to this band. When they play fast, they are punishing. When they do the slow parts, they're just taking up space until a fast part and bores me to tears.
Image

Zos Kia Cultus is my favourite Behemoth album. Demigod was good but the last few have been snoozers for me. I will still buy a ticket to see them anytime they are anywhere near me though. They put on quite a pro performance.

Speaking of Polish metal, Vader should be having a release in the very near future. If you aren't a Vader fan, you're dumb. They are Poland's Slayer. A little heavier and faster but pretty much just a killer thrash/death band. I think they are celebrating their 27th or 28th anniversary this year.


I feel ya. I personally loved The Satanist, although it was different. Alot different in some ways. I'd have to say my favorite album of theirs would be Thelema.6. But i pretty much like anything by them once they moved away from the pure black metal. Need to see them again, soon.

Vader's good, though i have to admit, i don't know alot of Vader, which should probably change.

Favorite band though is Nile. I absolutely love everything about Nile. Their last 2 albums were a bit of a downstep from their other stuff, but i still enjoyed them quite a bit.

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:26 pm
by antiyou
Not sure if you've heard of this:

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_c ... s_id=22234

New project from Dallas of Nile. Haven't heard any samples yet but I bet it will be fast and heavy.

I love Nile. In their Darkened Shrines is my favourite but I don't really turn any Nile off if it comes on.

This is the Vader album you should start with:



It is a really good contemporary death/thrash album. Litany would likely be my favourite Vader album followed by Black to the Blind and Impressions In Blood.

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:27 pm
by UrsusMorris
antiyou wrote:Not sure if you've heard of this:

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_c ... s_id=22234

New project from Dallas of Nile. Haven't heard any samples yet but I bet it will be fast and heavy.

I love Nile. In their Darkened Shrines is my favourite but I don't really turn any Nile off if it comes on.

This is the Vader album you should start with:



It is a really good contemporary death/thrash album. Litany would likely be my favourite Vader album followed by Black to the Blind and Impressions In Blood.

Gotta love that In Their Darkened Shrines!

Thanks for informing about his other band; i just bought it!
And as you guessed, it is heavy and very fast. Came out January 13th!

I've heard bits of Litany, and what i heard was badass.

Re: Death Metal... all metal really...

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 pm
by Ladybugjwl
Some new Agalloch and it sounds amazing!