Death Metal... all metal really...

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Yeah man, The Satanist is a powerful album. Blows my mind.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
antiyou
Art Expert

Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Frustrating day... tried to buy At The Gates, Ziltoid 2 and The Haunted from Century Media.

No record stores left here so I can't find them anywhere. The only option I have because of the goddamn different drymounting versions is straight from the source at Century Media who used to be a joy to deal with when they only released 1 version of a CD and no vinyl.

ATG has 3 separate physical CD releases. Jewel/Digi/Mediabook I'm not even going to get started on the various vinyl editions (approx 13 colours, none specifically mastered for vinyl anyways)

Z2 has 2 separate physical CD releases. 2 disc and ltd 3 disc. 4LP set comes with 2CD version :? ...not mastered for vinyl anyways...

The Haunted as 2 separate physical CD editions. Jewel/Mediabook at this point drymount shitty CD mastered audio on wax.

Century's site makes little to no mention on the differences between jewel/mediabook for any release. Because of timing and trying to get best shipping rates to Canada, I have missed the 3CD Z2... Sold out...

Between all of the sub-standard releases, no albums being mastered for vinyl and the general horseshit that goes along with trying to import music cost effectively, I think I am officially done supporting music from almost any label.

drymount record store day, drymount stupid labels, drymount shitty bands, drymount their inferior products, drymount the industry in general. It's been a slice for the last 30 years being an avid fan and collector. I put up with endless re-issues/re-packaging of some favourite albums, format changes, label consolidation, enormous retail expansion (3 record stores in 1 mall!?!?!?!) and now no retail space at all.

I am now downloading all of my new music in mp3 format (which fundamentally I have a problem with and will certainly never pay for). If I like it, and there is a 24bit digital version available, I will buy it. Otherwise drymount right off. I'm tired of funding your failures and being taken advantage of.
Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 pm

You need to listen to some Brittany Spears Its so silly you'll forget about all that jazz and im pretty certain she never had nor will have more than one version of a cd. problem solved! :clap:
ImageImageImage..."one spoon might feel a little nicer, but the cornflakes will taste the same"...Beckett.
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Don't mind the new Machine Head, same old sort of sound, not close to The Blackening, but seem better than the last.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
xbrc
Art Expert

Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:51 pm

mrkyuss wrote:Don't mind the new Machine Head, same old sort of sound, not close to The Blackening, but seem better than the last.
Finally got some time, listening now.

So far so good!
Image Image
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:37 pm

everyone should check out the 2 new Old Man Gloom albums called "Ape of God"(both share the same album name). Pretty great stuff, love this band. Just wish they would play here!

1.http://www.stereogum.com/1717330/stream ... um-stream/

2.http://thequietus.com/articles/16664-ol ... bum-stream
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:58 pm

theartofliving wrote:everyone should check out the 2 new Old Man Gloom albums called "Ape of God"(both share the same album name). Pretty great stuff, love this band. Just wish they would play here!

Big fan of OMG, as well as Zozobra. The previous release "NO" didn't do much for me but man, Ape of God delivered big time. Two part albums are always risky.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:59 pm

for Helmet fans in NY, they'll be doing the seminal "Betty" in its length. Don't know if this is such a one off, short set of shows or a full tour.

Sithlord32
Art Expert

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 am

2 more days fu¢Σin stoked!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rockin: :rock:
ImageImageImage..."one spoon might feel a little nicer, but the cornflakes will taste the same"...Beckett.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:03 pm

Death to All (the Death tribute band, if you didn't know) was in town with Obituary last week and I snoozed. :( Anyone here go to the Club Nokia show?
TOTM
Art Expert

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:35 am

FrankBooth wrote:
theartofliving wrote:everyone should check out the 2 new Old Man Gloom albums called "Ape of God"(both share the same album name). Pretty great stuff, love this band. Just wish they would play here!

Big fan of OMG, as well as Zozobra. The previous release "NO" didn't do much for me but man, Ape of God delivered big time. Two part albums are always risky.
Yes yes! The two new Gloom records are incredible, can't stop listening to Arrows...

And Zozobra slay... Savage Masters!
TOTM
Art Expert

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:38 am

Coupla good videos...

FrankBooth
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:36 am

One of the few Black Metal albums of recent time I enjoyed, it's formulaic but just sounds good.

'
Ruun is a hallmark for my taste, Enslaved hit their stride and pushed their BM base to its limit with the progressive touches.

antiyou
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Interesting. I have and enjoy Ruun. I thought Vertebrae is where they really had the best sounding production/songwriting to capture the potential of the folk/black/progressive sound. Neither album since as been as good IMO.
Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:10 pm

antiyou wrote:Interesting. I have and enjoy Ruun. I thought Vertebrae is where they really had the best sounding production/songwriting to capture the potential of the folk/black/progressive sound. Neither album since as been as good IMO.
Vertebrae was a bit too clean for me, more production wise. Ruun bordered that and was just a good balance, without almost going into Opeth type territory.

Revisiting my first YOB song, really like when Mike includes his cleaner vocals/scream.