The Grateful Thread...

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
macc5
EB Team

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:20 pm

virtualmert wrote:speaking of books, Phil's book is great, read that a little while ago. Have you guys peeped Woflgangs Vault? Lots of good old shows streaming on there:

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/grateful-dead/
cant believe i never caught this thread..

yeah.. monster dead fan and as much as I have ill will toward them, the shows on there are just amazing
macc5
EB Team

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:24 pm

wow.. that Eur72 set looks amazing
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:52 pm

"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
virtualmert
Art Expert

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 pm

I want to buy a Grateful Dead poster. Being that they are one of my favorite bands, I want to get an epic Dead poster. Which one should I go after, something that I don't have to mortgage the house for. Blue Rose? Skeleton and Roses?
:cautiously removes pants:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Mert,
Me too!!! Just can't decide which one and at what price point is good. I'll post some suggestions after my MRI.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:45 pm

REPOST:

Anybody interested in this Everett Spring Tour '94 print? I am looking to sell. Mint, stored flat. $90 shipped, OBO.

ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 pm

listening to my Dave's Picks vol. 1

sweet spring of '77
goldenrose
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Had disc 2 cranking the other night sounded very nice. Jerry is quite lucid.
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
TheGrandWazoo40
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:15 am

This last Wednesday I got to see Dark Star Orchestra cover one of my favorite shows, Philly '84!
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 pm

TheGrandWazoo40 wrote:This last Wednesday I got to see Dark Star Orchestra cover one of my favorite shows, Philly '84!

That's a beautiful thing. :cheers:

I remember the first time they played something I'd attended - but at the time had no idea. I could "magically" call every song and the younger crew was looking at me like I was a soooperstar...'felt like a was walking - drifting along, a foot off the floor like some kinda' rockstar - Bob Dylan or Bob Marley for the whole evening. I kept getting the gooseflesh/chillbumbps all over - totally "feeling" it all niiight long. It was like the deja vu only entirely more intense, re-occuring and sustained...

Wasn't 'til a week or so later that I read it had been a Greensboro Spring '89 show they'd covered note-for-note, sound for sound thru tune-in and de-tune and intermissions and the likes. When they cover a show - it's a rather remarkable "re-occurance" of sorts. :notworthy:
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
therivler1
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:23 pm

not sure if anyone streams stuff online at work, but i listen to gdradio (gdradio.net) all day. full shows that encompass all years, side bands etc.. It always makes my day when I turn it on and JGB is playing.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:38 pm

therivler1 wrote:not sure if anyone streams stuff online at work, but i listen to gdradio (gdradio.net) all day. full shows that encompass all years, side bands etc.. It always makes my day when I turn it on and JGB is playing.
Another beautiful thing. What a delightful post # 4 2 0.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 pm

TheGrandWazoo40 wrote:This last Wednesday I got to see Dark Star Orchestra cover one of my favorite shows, Philly '84!
surprisingly, I've only been to 1 DSO show. I went with an old buddy from high school. Lupo's was jammed over capacity as usual and from the spot we were hanging out you couldn't see the stage. even knowing their stick ahead of time, we kept looking at each other like, "I know this show". turns out it was some 70's GD show (Omaha 78 maybe?) we had listened to on tape like 100 times back in the day. it is a Wier'd feeling going to a show that for all intents and purposes is an improvisational jam that many have witnessed note for note on a separate occasion.

edit:
I had to look it up. show #661
05-09-1977 War Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, NY
Last edited by electrachrome on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: look up show date
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:50 pm

electrachrome wrote:listening to my Dave's Picks vol. 1

sweet spring of '77
can't go wrong w/ any show from that tour..and the Soundboards released(officially or leaked by GD) are amongst the best sounding ones out there
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
therivler1
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:51 pm

downbytheriver wrote:
therivler1 wrote:not sure if anyone streams stuff online at work, but i listen to gdradio (gdradio.net) all day. full shows that encompass all years, side bands etc.. It always makes my day when I turn it on and JGB is playing.
Another beautiful thing. What a delightful post # 4 2 0.
wow. totally didn't realize that. :clap: