Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Need more frames
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm

If you count on us to help you do the Dead on the daily, you're going to be mighty pleased to hear about our latest feature, ALL THE YEARS LIVE. We've broken into the video vault and we'll be uploading legendary live performances at a steady clip of one a week from here until...eternity, we hope. Yessiree, every Thursday you'll find a new selection added to the ALL THE YEARS LIVE playlist on the Dead's Official YouTube Channel. Subscribe and we promise you won't miss a thing!
To kick off the series, Archivist David Lemieux is going to tee up our first video, "Morning Dew" from 10/18/74:
From the middle night of a five night stand that were billed as the Dead's "Farewell Concerts," this is widely considered one of the greatest, and most emotional, versions of "Morning Dew" ever performed by the Grateful Dead. Thankfully, the Dead's farewell proved to be a two year hiatus from live touring, and in June 1976 they returned to the road.
geezer
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2019 4:41 pm

That was tasty. Thanks!
soupysound
Art Expert

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:24 pm

Robert Hunter, Grateful Dead Collaborator and Lyricist, Dead at 78
One of rock’s most ambitious and dazzling lyricists was literary counterpoint to the band’s musical experimentation

“It is with great sadness we confirm our beloved Robert passed away yesterday night,” Hunter’s family announced in a statement. “He died peacefully at home in his bed, surrounded by love. His wife Maureen was by his side holding his hand. For his fans that have loved and supported him all these years, take comfort in knowing that his words are all around us, and in that way his is never truly gone. In this time of grief please celebrate him the way you all know how, by being together and listening to the music. Let there be songs to fill the air.”
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ad-889788/
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:52 pm

oh my....

Such a long, long time to be gone
and a short time to be there
soupysound
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:16 pm

https://www.garciafamilyprovisions.com/ ... aj-masthay

Palm Sunday Limited Edition Print by AJ Masthay
$75
A stunning portrait of Jerry created by artist AJ Masthay and published as a limited edition letterpress print. Inspired by the Robert Hunter/Jerry Garcia composition “Palm Sunday” ("The river so white, the mountain so red and with the sunshine over my head”), the portrait is printed on hand-torn Arches 88 300gsm paper and measures 16” x 20”. Each print is embossed with a Garcia handprint chop and is signed & numbered by the artist in an edition of 500.

Message from the Artist:

“As a long time fan of Jerry Garcia and his music, I knew this portrait edition had to be special. To accomplish this, we turned to the printmaking technique my studio is best known for, letterpress. Letterpress printing is loved by many for leaving a tactile and visual impression into the paper, it communicates an elegance and handcrafted quality that can’t be matched by any other printing method. To produce the iconic image of Garcia, we utilized nine separate printing plates, each perfectly registered on our vintage Vandercook Universal III proofing press, meaning each print has gone through the press nine separate times. The craftsmanship required to accomplish a print job of this nature can’t be understated, but it's this love of the craft (and the subject matter) that transcend the image, breathing life and emotion into the print. When you look into Jerry's eyes, and he gazes back at you, I hope you feel the same” — AJ Masthay
applehead
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:53 pm

how long did it take for AJ's print to sell out on the Garcia site?
soupysound
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:04 pm

~10-15 minutes .. email went out around noon and i think i posted right around when they sold out.
applehead
Art Expert

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:12 pm

word, spaced on it. very cool rint by AJ. congrats to those who scored
gordo55
Art Expert

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:41 pm

can't wait for the Open Studio in Nov!
:pint:
THC x 7