Page 3 of 204

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 pm
by pearlybaker
Not sure if you guys have seen this - heard Bobby talking about it on Sirius today:


http://www.tristudios.com/

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 am
by dmm8878
pearlybaker wrote:Not sure if you guys have seen this - heard Bobby talking about it on Sirius today:
http://www.tristudios.com/
yeah, i saw the premier webcast from that studio a little while ago. pretty amazing. it did scare me a bit that this might be where the live music scene is heading, but i guess it's just another outlet. i think they are going to start charging though. the first hit was free.

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:15 pm
by fredo
http://store.dead.net/store/europe-72-s ... 1/maintext

Individual shows up from EUR 72 and the rest are coming.
any recommendations?

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:20 pm
by sidewaysscott
fredo wrote:http://store.dead.net/store/europe-72-s ... 1/maintext

Individual shows up from EUR 72 and the rest are coming.
any recommendations?
i'll buy one, you buy the other? :P

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:23 pm
by fredo
4 each?

4/6/72 will be a big seller:
"At the tiny Stakladen on the campus of Aarhus University in Denmark, the Grateful Dead played a mighty fine, unheralded show. For unknown reasons, Donna was absent from this concert."

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:49 pm
by jlabbate
4/8/72 is fantastic, especially the last 1/2 of the 2nd set
Dark Star>Sugar Magnolia>Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks),One More Saturday Night

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm
by fredo
^^ that one looked attractive.

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:29 am
by sidewaysscott
bump


Just listened to Europe Vol. 2. Very nice. Gotta love that disc two Dark Star. :clap:

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 am
by fredo
I caught the last night of Furthur at Red Rocks this past Sunday with a high school buddy (first time at RR).
Great time for sure- much better than I had expected.

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:20 am
by tuumi
On this day 17 years ago I packed up the car with friends and drove from Michigan to NYC for this show. This was my first and only show. Some claim that this performance is one of the best Scarlett/Fires ever. Was it or wasn't it? Who care? the night was electric and unforgettable.

Here is the show if anyone wants to check it out.
http://www.archive.org/details/gd94-10- ... sbeok.shnf

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 pm
by sidewaysscott
Image

This is a very nice show. Listening to it now.

I was listening to all of the shows from Europe '72, I was on the 5th show, but needed a little break. So i went to '76. :lol: Not that the Europe 72 shows are not worth listening to all now, but the song selection is a little repetitive on that Europe 72 run....lot of Chinatowns, Mr. Charlies, GSET, etc. :ziggi:

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:32 pm
by jlabbate
sidewaysscott wrote:Image

This is a very nice show. Listening to it now.

I was listening to all of the shows from Europe '72, I was on the 5th show, but needed a little break. So i went to '76. :lol: Not that the Europe 72 shows are not worth listening to all now, but the song selection is a little repetitive on that Europe 72 run....lot of Chinatowns, Mr. Charlies, GSET, etc. :ziggi:
all of the Beantown shows from 76 are stellar, I'm partial to 6/11 myself...the St. Stephen>Eyes is devine :clap:

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 am
by fredo

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:14 pm
by fredo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLjtlM5xD4

Pete's a dead 'ead, now... and Bob's your uncle.

Re: The Grateful Thread...

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:29 pm
by dmm8878
Anybody interested in this Everett Spring Tour '94 print? I am looking to sell. Mint, stored flat. $90 shipped, OBO.

Image