NY - Brooklyn (Williamsburg) - May 29 - Uniondocs
NY - New York City - May 27 - With Special Guests - City Winery
NY - New York City - May 28 - City Winery
OH - Cincinnati - Apr. 23 - 29 - Mariemont Theatre
OH - Cleveland - May 21 & 28 - The Cleveland Museum of Art
TX - Dallas - May 20 - Q&A with Eric Glomski - Magnolia West Village
VT - Burlington - May 14-20 - Roxy Cinema
WI - Milwaukee - May 20 - Times Cinema
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 12:01 pm

I'll be buying tickets for the SF show. I'm just hoping they change up the set list and stage a little. The last 3 or 4 times I've seen them it's been basically the same show, which is odd for a band like Tool.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 pm

Count me in for St. Charles.
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:I'll be buying tickets for the SF show. I'm just hoping they change up the set list and stage a little. The last 3 or 4 times I've seen them it's been basically the same show, which is odd for a band like Tool.
Its not that odd.
They have a set direction of their stage show, and its probably pretty tough to change up songs nightly and have everything run smoothly.
They may change one or two songs at the most.
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 2:14 pm

I kinda know what I'm gonna get at a TOOL show. I'm just waiting for the album tours.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love Tool, and even their worst show is better than a fudge ton of other shows I've seen. I've seen Tool many times and it always seemed each show had some significance and a variety of set lists. You never knew what might happen, or what Maynard would do. Just seemed the last several times have been the same show over and over again. I'm sure it's the complexity of their stage show that limits them to what they can change up. The only reason I thought it odd for a band like Tool is because one of the unspoken rules about Tool is expect the unexpected. They've always had a thing for going against the grain of mainstream rock, and I just found it weird that they have settled on predictable performances that are not really unique from a show they did a year before.

I remember when I saw them at Rimac arena in San Diego years ago. Maynard was dressed up like a cross between Phil Donahue and a television evangelist with a white parted wig and a baby blue suit. Later in the show he went back stage and came out with a small duffle bag and proceeded to crawl inside it like a contortionist and zipped it up from the inside. Some big roadie/security guy walked out while the band was still playing and proceed to throw the duffle bag strap over his shoulder and walk off stage like it was just a random piece of luggage. This was also one of the shows that was recorded for the live Salival CD that was later released. Ahh those were the good ol' days. Now days Maynard just chills in a black silhouette at the back of the stage. I guess now that he's older and calmed down a bit, he just takes it easy, which is fine as long as they still rock. I find it more interesting to watch Adam and Danny Carey rock out while I'm at the shows now days. Sometimes Maynard seems disinterested and doesn't seem to put forth the energy he used too.

Anyway, I still will go to every Tool show that comes near me because I love the music.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 3:43 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love Tool, and even their worst show is better than a fudge ton of other shows I've seen.
I find it more interesting to watch Adam and Danny Carey rock out while I'm at the shows now days.

Anyway, I still will go to every Tool show that comes near me because I love the music.
werd
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Tue May 04, 2010 3:46 pm

johnr1311 wrote:
TheThirdEye wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love Tool, and even their worst show is better than a fudge ton of other shows I've seen.
I find it more interesting to watch Adam and Danny Carey rock out while I'm at the shows now days.

werd
Yep.
Agree.

Hopefully there are a couple decent posters for these shows.
greasy
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 11:36 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:Sometimes Maynard seems disinterested
quite the opposite. this topic was addressed in a few interviews during the beginning of the lateralus tour, when he began singing from a platform at the rear of the stage. simply put, he would prefer if people would focus on tool's music rather than what their latest hairstyle or favorite food may be. they are ordinary people, like you and me, making extraordinary music.
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
silver
Art Expert

Wed May 05, 2010 10:07 am

i've seen tool on each tour from aenima on...their shows were way better then.

i wish i saw the undertow tour, but i gave my ticket away.

last show i went to, some dumbass 'tool fan' turned to me..."THIS SONG IS ABOUT MAYNARD'S MOM!!!...I HAVE THE LYRICS RIGHT HERE, DO YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT???"
LLA
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 08, 2010 10:53 am

Anybody trying for tickets today? Just got 4 floor tickets to the Minneapolis show. Now if I can get some for the show close to me in Cedar Park at 12pm.
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Sat May 08, 2010 11:01 am

Yes.
Got tickets to Winnipeg.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Sat May 08, 2010 11:25 am

St Louis is a go for me
hellosir
Art Freak

Sat May 08, 2010 1:32 pm

silver wrote:i've seen tool on each tour from aenima on...their shows were way better then.

i wish i saw the undertow tour, but i gave my ticket away.

last show i went to, some dumbass 'tool fan' turned to me..."THIS SONG IS ABOUT MAYNARD'S MOM!!!...I HAVE THE LYRICS RIGHT HERE, DO YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT???"
This made me LOL. It's been a long time since the internet made me do that, good work...

Saw them a few years ago in Chicago when QOTSA opened for them, awesomeness defined
RITFW
Art Expert

Sat May 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Come on more dates!