TOOL announces summer tour

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
kyle
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:30 pm

greasy wrote:now lets just hope for some new tool material to be tried out at these shows this summer. also, i wouldnt be surprised at all if they released a new album this year in the same manner that NIN released ghosts. no pre-release info AT ALL. just wake up one day, turn on the computer, and BAM, new album to download.
oh god, wouldn't that send you straight to the pooper to change your whities.
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:33 pm

greasy wrote:now lets just hope for some new tool material to be tried out at these shows this summer. also, i wouldnt be surprised at all if they released a new album this year in the same manner that NIN released ghosts. no pre-release info AT ALL. just wake up one day, turn on the computer, and BAM, new album to download.
I differ in thought. They pay so much attention to the album art and I think they know their fans also care just as much that they will still go through the whole process to make a package we can all touch. But, who would have seen what Radiohead did coming?! I think Tool would be one of a few bands that could pull that online sale off the same way.
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
greasy
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:44 pm

johnr1311 wrote:
But, who would have seen what Radiohead did coming?! I think Tool would be one of a few bands that could pull that online sale off the same way.
exactly. i would have to say, if they were to take the digital route this year, it would be followed by a physical/special edition release a la in rainbows.

and yes, it would be a pants-changing experience. after i come around from passing out.

also, new musick at www.puscifer.com in the player. momma sed live is sweeeeeeeet. very APC-ish.
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
rickker
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:16 am

i doubt that there is any new material ready for release. i'm hoping instead for a trip [heh heh. pun intended] into the tool back-catalog.
Image Image ImageImage
kill 'em with kindness.
kyle
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 am

"seems like i've been here before - seems so familiar" :twisted:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
RITFW
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:25 am

"these are the cries of the carrots."
rowdyroddy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:35 am

they'll be at Mile High Fest in Denver July 18-19

Lollapalooza too, right?
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:08 pm

rickker wrote:i'm hoping instead for a trip into the tool back-catalog.
I could handle that.

The 09 tour scene is shaping up to be a good one.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Vedderman23 wrote:
rickker wrote:i'm hoping instead for a trip into the tool back-catalog.
I could handle that.

The 09 tour scene is shaping up to be a good one.
Yeah, I just hope I can afford all these concerts. The older I get the more expensive my bands and my weed gets.
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
rickker
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:46 pm

johnr1311 wrote:
Yeah, I just hope I can afford all these concerts. The older I get the more expensive my bands and my weed gets.
amen brother.
Image Image ImageImage
kill 'em with kindness.
Stingers
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:08 pm

I wonder if ISIS will support again .
johnr1311
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Stingers wrote:I wonder if ISIS will support again .
Have they ever had an opening band come back and support them on a second tour? (not second leg of same said tour)
Stingers
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:24 pm

It's a little different with ISIS , Adam guesting on their new lp , both bands good friends . ISIS only had short sets last time round , I'd say it's possible for sure , we'll see . Maybe they'll just do their own tour .

Hopefully this time round Tool will mix up the setlists a whole lot more . The best nights I have seen them is when they play songs you're not expecting in an order you don't know from reviews etc . All depends on how tight the stageshow is I guess .
RITFW
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:27 pm

An Evening with Tool

That would be fuckking tits.
kyle
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:32 pm

for the sake of complete self indulgence, wouldn't it be delightful to see maynard go full throttle and have a Tool tour supported by Puscifer and/or A Perfect Circle ? egomania at it's finest. exhausting and impossible, but fun to imagine.