TOOL announces summer tour

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8213
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:38 am

Errored out the whole time through ticketmaster. Every ticket option I chose....error.

Next time I am going to a retail ticketmaster outlet and sitting in line like the good ol' days.
Image
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:38 am

Philly center floor, closest section. ok sure.
Image
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5320
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:30 am

mattlew69 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:38 am
Errored out the whole time through ticketmaster. Every ticket option I chose....error.

Next time I am going to a retail ticketmaster outlet and sitting in line like the good ol' days.
Yeah I was through the queue in under 2 min tons of floors available. Tried to get set of 4 at least 20 times only to get the sorry another fan beat you to those tix. Super annoying. At least I ended up with lower bowl aisle seats directly facing the stage.

Oh and fyi I think all retail locations have been closed. Hell you can't even order by phone anymore.

On a side note, the system they use certainly seems to have an apple bias.
Image
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am

Scored FL2 at boardwalk hall, best tool show I've been to was there - 10,000 days tour.

Struck out on good seats in bk, plenty of time to find some tho.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
School
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:51 am

Same for boardwalk floor section 4
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13685
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:23 pm

I have always enjoyed sitting in the lower bowl much better than the floor for Tool shows, unless it's the first 1-3 rows. It's better than it was before they had actual seats but I find the spectacle better enjoyed from higher up. If it's not the first few rows, then the first row next to the soundboard is a good place to be. Last time I was on the floor some crusty hippie in front of me kept his hands up the entire show, blocking the view, and I am 6'3". At least they boot the folks holding their phones up to film. I know, I know, I am just getting old.

Anymore, I actively avoid the floor, aside from VIP.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52053
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:25 pm

$170 for decent seats. Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
dryerase
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:50 pm

Got elevated section directly to the left of the stage for Staples Center- won't be in sight line for direct view of the visuals, but hoping they'll accommodate with some angled screens or something.
Ticholas
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:58 pm

On sale for Raleigh was a fudge show. Got shut out of floor and decent lower bowl section seats. Not looking forward to the resale market search for this show.
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Ticketmaster updated with Verified Reseller results.

Thanks, dicks!
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8213
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:02 pm

People are trying to resell lower bowl tix for $1800 each?!?!? :rolling:

Scalper sites on Craiglsist are loaded with tix!

I know the ticketmaster outlets closed but cant you go to any concert box office and have them order tix for other shows for you?

I dont know how anyone got thru, I kept getting an error for any amount of tix and any location and I got thru the queue in less than 3 minutes. Maybe work was blocking the site today.
Image
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5683
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Ticholas wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:58 pm
On sale for Raleigh was a fudge show. Got shut out of floor and decent lower bowl section seats. Not looking forward to the resale market search for this show.
No doubt. Was shut out as well. Now seeing nosebleed tickets for $150. Love that they made new music, but all the attention they have gained makes it hell to try to see them live... Going to chance it and see what I can get Day of the show.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Ticholas
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:39 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:05 pm
Ticholas wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:58 pm
On sale for Raleigh was a fudge show. Got shut out of floor and decent lower bowl section seats. Not looking forward to the resale market search for this show.
No doubt. Was shut out as well. Now seeing nosebleed tickets for $150. Love that they made new music, but all the attention they have gained makes it hell to try to see them live... Going to chance it and see what I can get Day of the show.
I’ve never been able to get tickets to a Tool show during the on sale. Got shut out of both of the more recent Charlotte shows too. Only reason I got to go to Charlotte ‘16 was because I called Ticketmaster the week of and asked if they had anything become available. Ended up working out.
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5683
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:50 pm

With the new album out and all the buzz around Tool's music finally becoming available digitally, I have a feeling there were more re-sellers going for tickets than on past shows. I usually spring for the VIP tickets because they get really good seats and were easier to get. Not this time. With pretty much everything being e-tickets now, I am hoping I can grab some from those who haven't been able to flip their tickets...

edit:
Funny story. Not all front row seats are great. I had one where I was row 1 and seat 1 and ended up on Justin's side of the stage beyond his monitors. Could barely see the show, but had a great view of his tech prepping his basses for the various songs.
Last edited by ToolFanFromWayBack on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13685
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:50 pm
With the new album out and all the buzz around Tool's music finally becoming available digitally, I have a feeling there were more re-sellers going for tickets than on past shows. I usually spring for the VIP tickets because they get really good seats and were easier to get. Not this time. With pretty much everything being e-tickets now, I am hoping I can grab some from those who haven't been able to flip their tickets...

edit:
Funny story. Not all front row seats are great. I had one where I was row 1 and seat 1 and ended up on Justin's side of the stage beyond his monitors. Could barely see the show, but had a great view of his tech prepping his basses for the various songs.
Was that part of a VIP package? If so, kinda shitty to shaft someone like that, sorry to hear.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Post Reply