Guitar amp recs

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:08 pm

So I've owned a guitar for a number of years, turned out I gave my small peavy amp away and totally forgot about it. Looking to pick it up again, so looking for recs for a decent amp. Was leaning towards the Fender Champion 20, good reviews and seems like the recommendation for anyone looking for a smallish amp with decent sound/options. Appreciate any input.

Random gif for reading :

Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:40 pm

As a non-musician who just enjoys messing around in my basement occasionally, I like my Line 6 flextone III. Looks like it's a bit more expensive than the Fender you mentioned but if you can find a used on it might not be too much more. I like the fact that I can get a lot of different sounds/effect without having to buy a bunch of different pedals.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 pm

The Boss Katana series is good and affordable. Recommended by a full-time musician friend who practices and gigs with it often - I got it for the same reason when I don’t want to take out something fancier/heavier. Plenty loud if needed and you can program effects if you want:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -combo-amp
ricv64
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:08 am

After being put away for awhile, I'm planning on digging out my Vox cambridge today . I've been playing through this little fender sidekick Ive had since the 80's but have been thinking of getting a new amp lately. I use to have a AC-30 but sold it and have regretted that forever . Ive toyed with the idea of getting one but fear it'll turn into furniture . The newer model AC-30C , made in china , have flooded the resale market which makes me think maybe they're not the same sound and have issues . I am looking at other amps every now and then....Fender deluxe maybe???

shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:34 pm

Thanks for the input, appreciate it.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
piper27
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:10 pm

Peavey Classic 30
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 am

Ive been looking at used amps on line but can't bring myself to pull the trigger due to current events . 7 amps I was looking at sold though :(
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila