Music Streaming Services

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:04 pm

I want to move on from Apple Music. I like it, and the price is reasonable, but I cannot live with it constantly trying to drymount up my massive and carefully-curated music library. I cannot add anything from Apple Music to my music library without turning on iCloud Music Library which I am never doing again after the mess it made last time.

For example, I’ve been streaming the new Wand album “Laughing Matter” a lot lately, and anytime I want to listen to it, I have to go to “search,” type in “wand laughing,” click on the album, and choose a song. It would be a lot easier if they just sat in my music library, a non-option unless you are willing to give Apple the keys to the kingdom.

I thought I could live with this, but I can’t. If Apple Music were its own separate app from iTunes that would be one thing, but they are trying to force to merge and I am just not willing to do it again.

So what streaming service do you guys like? I've heard the audio quality on Spotify is lacking. Also I’m already a Plex lifetime subscriber, and they’ve been trying to get me into Tidal at double the cost of Apple Music but I just don’t know.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 am

I recently upgraded my Amazon music acct (Amazon Music Unlimited) and love it...it's $8 per month
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:24 am

I've had Premium Spotify for a long time and love it.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 am

cotis wrote:I've had Premium Spotify for a long time and love it.
same, have a family account, so 14.99 a month for up to 4 accounts. Rarely something that I want to listen to that isn't there in some form or another. Sounds quality seems fine to me, but I'm no audiophile.
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:21 pm

I, too, have Spotify Premium and quite enjoy it. Only the occasional album or artist that isn't on there that I have to find elsewhere. And they give you Hulu w/ Premium as well.
tourist504
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:13 pm

I went ahead and did Spotify premium (came with Hulu free which I didn't have before), and WOW. Apple Music really sucks.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6