Phish 2019

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26312
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Fair dinkum
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8407
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Just went to post Pollock's Mexico print but you can't add pics to posts now? :?
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8407
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:44 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:Since the creation of CoT, Phish fans treat good tickets like Pokemon cards. If u wanna get what u need, put in a lotto req for all the venues that offer GA Floor as an option then try for GA Floor or Pit for every single show on tour on all the TM onsales, even the ones you're not going to, to use as trade bait to get what you need on CoT.

Trust me, I've experienced the same problem as u all until I decided to adopt the if u can't beat em, join em mentality when it comes to ticket hoarding trade bait philosophy and this tour I got everything I needed while still striking out on basically every show I am going to on the onsale.
See, now SOME people would say that YOU are the reason ticket prices are unreasonable. Tons of people buying up tickets for shows they have no intention of attending artificially inflates demand, leading to more platinum tickets being offered. You do see that, right?
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:45 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:Since the creation of CoT, Phish fans treat good tickets like Pokemon cards. If u wanna get what u need, put in a lotto req for all the venues that offer GA Floor as an option then try for GA Floor or Pit for every single show on tour on all the TM onsales, even the ones you're not going to, to use as trade bait to get what you need on CoT.

Trust me, I've experienced the same problem as u all until I decided to adopt the if u can't beat em, join em mentality when it comes to ticket hoarding trade bait philosophy and this tour I got everything I needed while still striking out on basically every show I am going to on the onsale.
See, now SOME people would say that YOU are the reason ticket prices are unreasonable. Tons of people buying up tickets for shows they have no intention of attending artificially inflates demand, leading to more platinum tickets being offered. You do see that, right?
I don't sell them for anything over cost or fair trade with even $$$ exchanged. I'd argue if you're buying into what u should already know by now is artificial demand, maybe act like u been here before?
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8407
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:47 pm

wait wut :lol:
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Get some skin in the CoT game. Have Phish fans not learned by now this is how u gotta play things?
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8407
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:54 pm

:roll:

Again, assumptions. As I said, I have 8 confirmed trades for this tour alone.

Starting to think you're just not very bright.

Hoarding tickets inflates demand which leads to more platinum tickets being offered - the very thing you're railing against. This is a fact. Doesn't matter if you do all 1 for 1 trades or trade tickets for heady crystals. It's a fact you don't want to admit because it's your level of rationalization.

I'm done though sister. See you at the rail. : )
User avatar
Cheese318
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:Get some skin in the CoT game. Have Phish fans not learned by now this is how u gotta play things?
He told you it was a special occasion. He has kids and would like to be comfortable and not on that awful steep lawn in SPAC. Sometimes plans are decided long ago so you cannot wait for this magical trade you speak of. SPAC PAV’s are not falling off trees on COT either. I was offered for my Mohegan Sun pair but besides that not much on my end. Why not mind your business and let him do him. I don’t think he would say anything about how you do you if you didn’t. Be like the rest of us and tell him to have a great show and a great time with his family. Stop being an asshole and just let it be.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Y'all get bent out of shape by me using the word lazy but freely throw out the insults like calling me an asshole yourselves.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:23 pm

earlgreytoast wrote::roll:

Again, assumptions. As I said, I have 8 confirmed trades for this tour alone.

Starting to think you're just not very bright.

Hoarding tickets inflates demand which leads to more platinum tickets being offered - the very thing you're railing against. This is a fact. Doesn't matter if you do all 1 for 1 trades or trade tickets for heady crystals. It's a fact you don't want to admit because it's your level of rationalization.

I'm done though sister. See you at the rail. : )
Antelope Greg is that you? Demand is the demand, hoarding tix for trades down the line doesn't inflate anything other than people's impatience to rush to buy scalped tix. Pokemon traders will come off their demands once they realize good 200s aren't gonna net them the Pits they seek then they get offered up on CoT at cost and u don't gotta support TM's new scalping service, win win
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Now if some of u were paying attention I've given u all 'the knowledge that u lack'. Use my tips moving forward and TM can take their shitty marked up tix and eat em :D
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1982
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:14 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Starting to think you're just not very bright.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1982
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:21 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Just went to post Pollock's Mexico print but you can't add pics to posts now? :?
It is a sick print. Dayum.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
hillsj2001
Art Expert
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:00 am

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:22 pm

on lighter note, i just booked my flight to boston....first time at fenway and boston for that matter...excited
User avatar
hillsj2001
Art Expert
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:00 am

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:23 pm

dmm8878 wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Just went to post Pollock's Mexico print but you can't add pics to posts now? :?
It is a sick print. Dayum.

someone on fb already waffling the print...
Post Reply